front usb ports

ukeitaro

Baseband Member
when i try to read my flash drive on any of my two front usb ports, there is an error. both ports will detect the drive, but when i try opening the drive from the first port, a window pops up saying that "the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error." i can open the drive from the second port, but its folder holds no contents (the drive should really hold contents because i've already added files to the drive through my back usb ports that work perfectly). furthermore, when I view the flash drive's properties while connected to the second port, windows says it has 0 bytes free space and 0 bytes used space.

i dont know why these front usb ports won't work. my back usb ports are fine, and i've rechecked all the panel-to-header connections on my mobo as well as installed all drivers. windows hardware manager says that all my usb root bus controllers and hubs are working properly.

does anybody know what i could to do fix those front ports?

Look in your motherboard manual once more, and double, then triple check all the wires are in the correct spaces. It must be the order the wires are in...

i dont think the ports are improperly wired to the headers because my headers are in the intel standard layout which my connecting wires are all joined together for that specific layout so that the wires can't be mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom