front panel connector

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi, was wondering if anyone has ever come across a front panel connector that comes in one block rather than separately, I have decided to see if I can earn some of the money back from my new case by using my current case to build a mediocre computer and selling, I have a computer in my cupboard which I was considering using to save me some funds, but the original front panel connector is in one block rather than separately, is there any way around this or do I need to buy another motherboard

Last edited:
Can you post a photo? I am not sure what you're talking about?

One block? Separate block?

Ahhh, I see what you mean...

Why not just buy these...

CompUSA.com | IDC2PIN18 | StarTech.com Internal 2 pin IDC Motherboard Header

then cut off the single block connector, and splice on as many of these as you need?

cheers, is this hard to do, also a very irritating fact now is that I was given an old broken computer which I was planning to sort out, as soon as I turned it on the psu exploded, this would have had all the wires coming from the case and I'm wondering if I could have used these, too late now though as it's in the tip as it was taking up to much room, I was kind of hoping for an easy fix like maybe an adapter of some kind but I suppose looking at it that's a little bit impossible, thanks for the advice is it easy to know which wire is which? and obviously the pins on the motherboard won't be labelled either

No, it's not hard to do, it's very easy. Just trace the leads back to the header to see where each one connects, and than make that appropriate connection on the motherboard.

When you solder the new single connectors to the existing wires, use shrink tubing to make a clean neat insulated splice.

No, it's not hard to do, it's very easy. Just trace the leads back to the header to see where each one connects, and than make that appropriate connection on the motherboard.

When you solder the new single connectors to the existing wires, use shrink tubing to make a clean neat insulated splice.
Oh dear, I don't actually have a soldering iron if that's what I will need, nor have I ever soldered, I have bodge jobbed speaker wires by twisting the wires together and wrapping insulation tape around them but I can't imagine that working or being safe in this instance, is there another way besides soldering

Back
Top Bottom