Friends steam account hijacked. Steam's not helping. What do i do?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Yeah as it says. We were playing one night. His account got logged onto, and then from there, he changed the pass, and appearently he was keylogged, and then his account was stolen. He and almost EVERY steam game. Guys that alot of money in that. And steam is doing jack to help him. Anyone with any ideas?

Happened to even the best of us. Luckily, I have one source account left; it was nice having an extra one for the LAN, but oh well. I have my health.

Yeah.. if someone hacked his pc and put a keylogger on there and got the password as he logged in...hes sorta well...screwed.

It seems to happen to people who are less paranoid and less aware about the way Windows works...

I am so paranoid about my OS, when I boot up windows, if there are more than 14 processes running, I go out of my way to figure out what the hell is going on.

i hate steam they completely ruined counter strike :mad: don't even get me started on them. Anyway if he got hacked and got a keylogger wouldn't it full lag up the computer? thats what happened when i was keylogged but i figured it out as soon as i installed the program.

RiverS said:
i hate steam they completely ruined counter strike :mad: don't even get me started on them. Anyway if he got hacked and got a keylogger wouldn't it full lag up the computer? thats what happened when i was keylogged but i figured it out as soon as i installed the program.

How has steam ruined counter-strike?.. when steam came out the only differences i saw were a few new guns and better looking models...

its not the gameplay they have ruined. Its the way you have to enter your CD-key i hate it all of my friends that have a genuine copy of the game (and me) can't regester them because someone out there has got a key generater...and do steam care??? ovcorse not! why would that we just bought they game so we couldn't play it...stupid i think.

ahh, I see.. valve took a gamble when they made that part of steam... a gamble that left a lot of people such as your self rather pissed off.

Back
Top Bottom