Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to NEED WOW NOW
Default Friends ipod problem

OK
heres it quick because i have to go...
The ipod is no longer reconized as a piece of hardware, its know as "Unknown Device"
He accidentally uninstalled his ipod (i believe its a ipod color or ipod photo) in Device manager and I checked the properties in device manager and it says "No drivers are installed for this device."
its marked as an unknown device and i believe he somehow delete the drivers that where on the ipod in the beginning.
Is this possible to do this, and did he send his ipod to the grave by using it as a flash drive to hold things. It still plays music but it is no longer recognized on the computer.

Thanks,
Need Wow Now

NEED WOW NOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Friends ipod problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED WOW NOW View Post
OK
heres it quick because i have to go...
The ipod is no longer reconized as a piece of hardware, its know as "Unknown Device"
He accidentally uninstalled his ipod (i believe its a ipod color or ipod photo) in Device manager and I checked the properties in device manager and it says "No drivers are installed for this device."
its marked as an unknown device and i believe he somehow delete the drivers that where on the ipod in the beginning.
Is this possible to do this, and did he send his ipod to the grave by using it as a flash drive to hold things. It still plays music but it is no longer recognized on the computer.

Thanks,
Need Wow Now
Storing files on it like a flash drive did not kill his iPod. I use to do it all the time before my battery died on it and got a Zune. He can reset the device and that should fix the problem.

If his iPod has the clickwheel then do the following to reset it:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

If his iPod has the older scroll wheel/touch wheel then do the following:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons simultaneously until the Apple/iPod logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

If he resets the iPod he will lose the music on his iPod. This software is specifically designed to recover software from a iPod in his situation. I've heard good things about the program and as long as he doesn't do anything else to the iPod once he resets it it should recover the music. I'll make no guarantees though :-D
http://www.recovermyipod.com/

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
mayorredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote