Fried Video Card?

fetus

In Runtime
I was playing some counter-strike: source the other night, when all of a sudden, my computer completely froze for about 10 seconds. Seemed weird to me that the computer only stopped temporarily instead of altogether. After the pause I was able to resume play but found that there were a few minor graphical problems. I minimized but when I reopened the game I immediately got a blue screen saying something like "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL...beginning physical memory dump". From this point on I was unable to even log into windows. I start up the computer and it's all glitchy, with weird artifacts all over the screen. There were columns of blue dots running down the screen and other such glitches. The system halts at the windows loading screen, and it was only after replacing the video card with a spare that things returned to normal. Anyone have any idea as to what happened to my video card and why?

Yup, sounds like your card done died. Shoot an email to XFX and they can fix you up with and RMA to get it replaced.

That happens to me sometimes with my sound card, only it reboots fine. My sound card is definatly not fried though. Could it be some kind of driver error?

Back
Top Bottom