fresh built comp will not boot

im pluging it in the right socket and the wiring ive done all the possible sports to put the power sw but still no luck :(

well just keep fiddling with wires, double and tripple check everything, check capacitors to see if they are bulged or leaking (prolly not, since its new, but its possible) all i can say is keep checking, theres probably something really simple that you just overlooked, i do it all the time, then i see it and im like "oh, duh" :D

if you dont come to anything, try just taking everything apart, or not totally, but unhook everything then rewire it

Also check to make sure nothing is shorting the motherboard like a misplaced motherboard standoff.

ya, just go through your manual and make sure all jumpers and stuff are exactly where they should be, can be a major pain in the arse, but as long as you have a green light thats a good sign, just means there's somethin somewhere jacked up, cable or jumper wise...

Ive run into something similar, mine was such a stupid problem, the front usb connector was put the wrong way into the mob causing a short, simple flip of the plug, booted right up.. but in ur case it just sounds like there is somethign wrong with the power switch. But definetly check that all the polaritys on everything is correct.

i dont get a beep at all, my hdd wont work nothing!
ive double checked everything to make sure it fits snug... i am really stumped
No POST beep is serious, you do have a case speaker connected, yes??

Also check to make sure nothing is shorting the motherboard like a misplaced motherboard standoff.
The starting point in trouble shooting a new build, are we to assume you used stand offs and in the correct quantities thus negating any shorting issues???

i know it may seem stupid, but did you put silver compound on your CPU before you put the heatsink on?
It's not stupid at all, I've seen it happen, the OP I presume (big presumption but never the less I still presume :D) is using a stock cooler which comes with the standard TIM pad which is more than adequate to run at stock.

Ive run into something similar, mine was such a stupid problem, the front usb connector was put the wrong way into the mob causing a short, simple flip of the plug, booted right up.. but in ur case it just sounds like there is somethign wrong with the power switch. But definetly check that all the polaritys on everything is correct.
A valid point too, check the connections are correct

that has nothing to do with the computer not turning on... so it kinda does sound stupid :eek:

you know it happens, and it DOES cause the computer to not boot up. it happened to me when i built my first computer. sure it had that thermal pad on it but my computer would run but there would be no display and the hdd wouldnt spin. i put silver compound on it and it worked fine. so from personal experience, it COULD be a problem.

i am using a zalman 9500 and i fixed the problem, which was a short lol "doh" but now i have another question. when over clocking the lower the core voltage the better right?

Back
Top Bottom