freezing and restarts

convergecult

In Runtime
ok well i have another post about upgrading my mb but here is the reason why. in the last two months or so all my usb ports are now 1.0 and if i plug my ipod or phone into some of them it causes my pc to restart. also lately the pc has been freezing sometimes when im only running i tunes and a browser. today it froze during wow. it is slowly getting worse. i thought it could be my graphics card but with the usb problem to i am thinking my boards is just slowly crapping out. what do you guys think?

Could be a few things 1 dodgy graphics card as you thought, 2 A VIRUS scan you computer with a AV and Antisyware program for spyware. 3 SYSTEM TEMPERATURE (over heating) I see you have some case fans fitted so it might be your heatsinc full of dust and just needs a good clean out between the panels. 4 HARDWARE CLASH, a new piece of hardware you installed is not compatible with something else you have.(driver issue).

i scan my pc everyday so i know it is not that. as far as heating ive never gone over 40 degrees c. i have not installed any new hardware since i built the pc. the usb problem did not happen all at once. it was one port then the back ones failed then another went to 1.0 ect...

I'm not sure then, It could be something wrong with your motherboard then as all you usb,s are failing, don't really know :confused:

thanks for the help. im going to upgrade anyway but i was going to re use the old one for my little brother.

i dusted the pc out today and surprisingly it was not to bad. it runs quieter now and my temp are at 35c. so im not sure what the problem is yet

Back
Top Bottom