Freezing problem

Smurof

Beta member
Hi, I would appeciate some help with my computer problem which tends to freeze quite frequently. Keyboard, cursor and screen freeze but the cdrom drive goes on working fine. The effect occurs more frequently when on the internet. The computer is a 'made up from scratch' version so it does not have a makers name. sorry! It does carry an emergency power supply but apart from that it is pretty basic. Wndows 98.

Oh Millions of reasons your computer could crash, maybe it is spyware or adware do u mean by freeze crash yea, it is proberly a virus run your favourite virus scanner regulary- And if u say it happens when u r online i bet that it is a virus i had that problem once my broadband was super slow, it was a virus using my bandwith to send huge amounts of Data- As i say run your virus scanner if u dont have one get AVG from www.grisoft.com also you should always have a firewall on when on the internet you can get a free on call Sygate serarch on google for it, if that dosent work post some info about your hardware
Hope that helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks Nemesis for the reply. I have done the Adware bit with no improvements although it did speed up the computer a little and the virus scan (Mcafee) does not seem to get them all. AGV found one more but problem still persists. Could there be viruses this software is simply not finding?

do you have all the critical updates from microsoft.com
if you don't...i suggest you do, the patches can fix security holes in the OS, and might help w/the freeze.

Back
Top Bottom