Freezes at Gateway logo screen on bootup

kjman87

Daemon Poster
Anyone know what could have caused this problem... I installed some windows updates went to restart and it did not boot again..

I tried unplugging my 7600GT and using onboard...didnt work
Re-seated RAM/used my old ram - didnt work
uplugged all drives to see if I got an error message saying NO OS- didnt work

anyone have any ideas?

Anyone know what could have caused this problem... I installed some windows updates went to restart and it did not boot again..

I tried unplugging my 7600GT and using onboard...didnt work
Re-seated RAM/used my old ram - didnt work
uplugged all drives to see if I got an error message saying NO OS- didnt work

anyone have any ideas?

did you set a restore point before installing the updates...? that's always a good idea...

did you set a restore point before installing the updates...? that's always a good idea...

It doesnt matter right now because I can not get into safe mode/boot menu/ bios settings

as far as the ram...I tried putting the old stock ram back in...and that did nothing

Can you get to safe mode by any chance? If you can, you can get to system restore.
Can you get to recovery console? If you can try that.

Also, I do believe that when you install updates, it automatically creates an install point. Not positive tough.

how long was it frozzen most time it takes a minte or two to initiate, was i t a second or like forever?

how long was it frozzen most time it takes a minte or two to initiate, was i t a second or like forever?

i let it sit for a couple mins like 5 or sooo...and I can not get to safe mode, I can not get passed the Gateway Logo screen that says F2 for Bios, F11 for bootmenu.

A friend of mine told me that he let his sit for like 45mins and when he came back it was on...im going to try that

-Kev

nothin??

Back
Top Bottom