Freeze on Vista progress Load Bar

roc567

Beta member
When I start my computer using windows Vista Home Premium it locks up just after I turn it on when it is displaying the load bar and has a couple little blocks running across it to signify it is loading. This is where it freezes up, the blocks just stop moving and stay frozen there, and thats it. Thats all it does, just sits there idling with the red light on the computer solidly lit, not flashing or blinking. I have no third party devices hooked up to the comp. The only way to get it to start up correctly is to shut it off manually, take out both sticks of memory and put them back in, then the comp will start up normally once. After that if i wanna reboot I have to reseat the memory again.
My big problem is that I've sent the comp back to the company and they can't reproduce the problem, which worries me. I havent done any overclocking to the comp and I wouldn't know how if I wanted to.
My System:
Asus M2V mobo
AMD x2 3800+
2GB CRucial Mem(2 sticks) vanilla
XFX 8600GT
WD 250 GB 7200rpm hard drive
DVD drive and a DVD/CD-R Drives
Rosewill 550W psu

I am really at a loss, any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Take one stick of memory out at a time and boot it several times to check..............bet ya have a bad memory stick.

When I start my computer using windows Vista Home Premium it locks up just after I turn it on when it is displaying the load bar and has a couple little blocks running across it to signify it is loading. This is where it freezes up, the blocks just stop moving and stay frozen there, and thats it. Thats all it does, just sits there idling with the red light on the computer solidly lit, not flashing or blinking. I have no third party devices hooked up to the comp. The only way to get it to start up correctly is to shut it off manually, take out both sticks of memory and put them back in, then the comp will start up normally once. After that if i wanna reboot I have to reseat the memory again.
My big problem is that I've sent the comp back to the company and they can't reproduce the problem, which worries me. I havent done any overclocking to the comp and I wouldn't know how if I wanted to.
My System:
Asus M2V mobo
AMD x2 3800+
2GB CRucial Mem(2 sticks) vanilla
XFX 8600GT
WD 250 GB 7200rpm hard drive
DVD drive and a DVD/CD-R Drives
Rosewill 550W psu

I am really at a loss, any help would be much appreciated
thanks

try to get in and then disable page file. ur hard drive is under too much load.

Back
Top Bottom