freestyler's build work log

Sent the RAM back for RMA today. Hopefully it'll be back for the weekend...probably next Monday though, they say 2 days for processing, and I sent it free next day air through my dad's work.

Well, the RAM came on Monday, so it's fully functional as of now!!! And it's actually INSIDE the case this time, haha. Pics to come later. I need some more LEDs, what color do you guys think?? The PSU already has a blue one in it, but blue and green might look good together...or just blue, I don't know.

At full load at 3 GHz now it's steady at 45C CPU / 33C case temps. That's with 4 case fans, the PSU fan, the Tuniq Tower, and the graphics card fan. The graphics fan is actually acting like an exhaust since it's not really under load most of the time.

I might reapply the thermal paste though, I had to take off the cooler to realign it but I never reapplied the thermal paste after accidentally touching it.

Damn though, F@H is doing 50,000,000 step units now. On my Athlon 3800+ I usually get 5,000,000 step units, at most 20,000,000.

i like blue case fans with red ccfls most think its too much of a difference hmmm i should show you a pic of my case computer might TOTALLY suck but im working on that ;)

altho my "bird" stays at a chilly 32c with crappy heatsink\fan no paste :p no idea what at load temp sensor never worked when i bought it from ebay used an outdoor meter to measure it lol

Thanks for the comments guys.

I am incredibly pissed.
My hard drive just decided to die last night. I turned the thing off for a bit, and on boot it spins up, makes 3 clicking noises, stops spinning, and the computer freezes at the Asus logo screen. I can't even get into the BIOS.

So I tried it in my other computer today, and Windows started booting, but before it got to the login screen, the computer rebooted, made the clicking noises, and turned off. This might just be because of the different hardware, but I doubt it. Hard drives are not supposed to make noises like that.

I put it back in the other computer, and it actually gets into Windows!! I really didn't want to reboot, but I would have to eventually, and...clicking noises, and freezes at the Asus logo screen again.

If I take the hard drive out, it works fine. It'll go into the BIOS, boot to a CD, whatever I want.

Now if I unplug the computer for a few minutes, come back, and try it, it works once. If it reboots, it does the clicking thing all over again. So I unplugged it for a few minutes, and then booted to the WD Data Lifeguard Tools. I did the quick test, and it failed, and told me to run the extended media test. It's doing that now, ETA over an hour.

I'm pretty sure it's dead. I don't know why. Could it be because the mounting mechanism for my case mounts it in sideways instead of flat??
Well anyway, this is just great. If it is indeed dead, I'm going to Seagate for sure.

Here's the link to the hard drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701

And the one I'll probably get assuming it's done:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148140

Back
Top Bottom