free download manager?

This is the top free one on download.com

http://www.download.com/Free-Download-Manager/3000-2071_4-10578059.html?tag=lst-0-2

Got a 4/5 for the editor's rating:

This download utility is surprisingly attractive and full-featured for a freeware product, and its operation couldn't be more straightforward. To download a file, just click a link in your browser or drag it onto the program's tiny, semitransparent window. In our comparison tests, Free Download Manager beat out Opera's download manager 85Kbps to 53Kbps. Its automation features also are very good. Like other managers, it can automatically dial a modem, start a download, or shut down the PC. Unlike many of them, it also can change the number of connections depending on download speed, or disconnect and shut down the computer if a file is unavailable. If you want to boost your download speed for free, this utility is certainly worth a try.

I don't use one. Internet Explorer gives me better download speeds than Firefox does, so I don't bother.

I find Firefox to be a LOT faster than IE.. IE is always slow and sluggish for me, on downloads and surfing.

But I have heard "FlashGet" is meant to be quite a good manager and I have used it before when downloading Vista RC2.

Jamie,

Back
Top Bottom