Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #11
Baseband Member

I use Avast.

REGNARTS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:49 AM   #12
Beta Member

I have already seen so many voting to AVG... So I dont think AVG needs anymore recommendation. I use the following Antivirus, Antispam and Firewall...

AVG : http://www.grisoft.com/doc/5/lng/us/tpl/tpl01
BSpam : http://www.bspam.com/download_bspam.com
Zone Alarm : http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

emmae83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:59 AM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: free anti virus software???

Yeah, Zonealarms great too. I use that for my firewall. It hasn't let me down I don't think
Old 09-21-2005, 12:17 PM   #14
Wizard of Wires

Norton is crap. It's bloatware. Ever try to get it back off your system? McAfee is good but it's either free with AOL or you have to pay for it. I have been bangin the stuffings out of AVG and not once has it let me down. It just takes a little getting used to. The online scanners are a joke. They look, they find, they do nothing else. You need a program that does real time scanning and alerts you when it sees something. Not after it's downloaded and raising cain with your system. Stay away from Norton. Symantic screw that one up years ago.g
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:22 PM   #15
Golden Master

I use Norton System Works that comes with the Antivirus with no problems. Though I haven't tried to remove it of course, because its protecting me... So why should you try to remove it?...

Thats why I don't have a problem with it
Old 09-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

NO NO NO! Don't get norton!

Really, it's quite much just a pile of junk.

Get either AVG or AntiVir personal. Both of these have free versions and are very good
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 PM   #17
Golden Master

Too late I think its alright and have no problem with it. As long as its protecting me, I don't mind.

I do agree some free editions house a great antivirus though, but my dad bought norton so I went with that.

I do prefer Norton to AVG though. I just feel more protected, and AVG never used to auto update with me. I don't have to worry with this, as it does it automatically as one becomes available.

But I agree with some of the views of Norton. Its just, I've never had any problems with their software, so i dont have anything against them.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:07 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

if i were u id get avg avest or soemthing like that. just go to download.com and type in avg in the search.
Feircepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #19
Golden Master

I d/loaded AVG free edition 7.0; superb!!, it looks for updates daily, & performs scans most days, I have an unused boxed version that cost 26, anybody want it?, 15!.
Since I d/loaded 7.0, I haven't had one virus in almost a year, the virus vault remains empty, I run it in conjunction with M/Soft firewall, I had 6.0 first, & had several viruses, mostly trojan/dropper, but they were all contained in the virus vault, there is also an excellent support system,
I would not swap my AV for any other.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:35 AM   #20
Solid State Member

i'm not a computer literate. normally it's my husband who install our internet security and other stuff. he is in iraq right now and ours antivirus is already expired so i need one for right now. i've seen a lot of good comments about avg. i went to the site but i don't see anything where it says free. if anyone could help me out i would really appreciate it. thank you.

starmie214 is offline   Reply With Quote