free anti virus software???

starmie214 said:
i downloaded avast and now i can't open my yahoo mail. what happened? i need help. =(

could be the fact that avast likes to monitor web scripts to catch viruses in them. I've found avast doesn't seem to work well with mail, my parents had trouble with avast and outlook, and i had a few problems with it as well. Try disabling the web shield and see if that works. If that doesn't work try completely disabling the resident shield just long enough for you to login to yahoo mail and then try logging in. Otherwise you could disable avast from starting up and disable realtime monitoring in it and use AVG free edition to handle that.

Just a thought, hope all goes well and welcome to CF
Troy

i just un-installed avast and i'm still having problems with internet explorer. i'm not sure if this occured when i un-installed our norton antivirus. still need help. thanks.=)

Have you tried a different browser like Firefox? Try uninstalling Avast, then reboot and see if your internet works. If not, it's beyond me. I suggest AVG for you though.

Btw, welcome to the forums and hope ur husband stays safe. I've got two cousins there too.

If ya having problems with IE, try resetting it.I think the option is in ya tools menu - internet options - advanced (thats where it is in IE7 anyway). This has sorted things out for me in the past

Lord Mythirion said:
Have you tried a different browser like Firefox? Try uninstalling Avast, then reboot and see if your internet works. If not, it's beyond me. I suggest AVG for you though.

Btw, welcome to the forums and hope ur husband stays safe. I've got two cousins there too.
I already unsinstalled avast and is now using avg but is still having the same problem. It's actually not just yahoo that i'm having problem with. I tried going to ebay and i noticed that pictures doesn't show up.

How do i reboot my computer? =) Be patient with me folks. I'm not good with computers. lol.

Thanks for all of you who welcomed me here. I hope your cousins are safe too.

Raffaz said:
If ya having problems with IE, try resetting it.I think the option is in ya tools menu - internet options - advanced (thats where it is in IE7 anyway). This has sorted things out for me in the past

I think i have I6. Do you know how to reset it?

Back
Top Bottom