Frame Rate Problem

cheers for the help guys, well grx temp when gaming about 80c it says it threshold is 105c and it idles at around 55c, i dont know how to find the temp of my cpu out none of the progs seem to be able to tell me, can anybody suggest some? also ur right Muz379, i thought about the fact that the CPU will downclock, do u know how to turn that off? i have been in the Bios an i cant see anything?

i have tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing them but i wii try again with driver cleaner.

k0409964 said:
cheers for the help guys, well grx temp when gaming about 80c it says it threshold is 105c and it idles at around 55c, i dont know how to find the temp of my cpu out none of the progs seem to be able to tell me, can anybody suggest some? also ur right Muz379, i thought about the fact that the CPU will downclock, do u know how to turn that off? i have been in the Bios an i cant see anything?

i have tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing them but i wii try again with driver cleaner.
my laptop is a opackard bell and irt came with some packard bell power monitor programme , what make is ya laptop

also try this software called notebook hardware control http://www.pbus-167.com/chc.htm i have used it before on my laptop before i realised i had the packard bell software and it can control the stepping technology

k0409964 said:
yeah thought that but it will play the game fine for like 5mins very playablee FRs then it will slow down then speed back up again!!

It's not your specs, LOL @ whoever said that.

It is either a connection problem (Not sure if these games are through internet) or a spyware/pop/update... In other words, random crap running in background. If it is happening in the same general place, it may be a certain graphical mapping that your computer is having a problem with... If it is every where, i say to check the programs in background, check spyware, and check heat of computer (downclock).

Not sure if it isn't those X_X.

Theres definitely something overheating thats slowing/cooling and then speeding up again for a few minutes.

I have that problem with my 6800GS now, since its generated a pipe fault that generates random green lines everywhere.
When in FEAR, it'll be running fine, and then slow down to a crawl and then speed up like yours.

I enabled the Nvidia temperature monitor, and to warn me when its exceeding core limits, and it reaches it at the same point it slows down, which is 117 degrees C...

The rest of my PC stays rather cool though, so its either your video card, or i guess it could be your CPU.

NVIDIA TOOL:

Everest might help you, as would the Nvidia tool.

It may be that your capturing the graphics card temp after it slows down, or while minimizing a game, etc, its cooled down quick.

If you do have the option to turn on Temp monitoring in that case, and for it to warn you, do so.

BIOS:

Press Del at bootup also (it should be that, or otherwise, it should mention while booting), and try and find within there something about CPU temps.

Ask it if you can (it depends on your BIOS version) to tell you to give a warning if it exceeds a safe temperature also. You'll know straight away, since it'll start beeping at you mid game.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom