Frame rate issues

Am I right in thinking the Nvidia 440 isn't all that bad of a card? It's low specish, but its not a bad card for some gaming.

Its possible though that the 1600x900 res is too much for the card, trying to run games, as I just looked it up, and the hardest hitting game, Crysis, runs at around 22fps at 1024x768 with no Antialising.
At 1680x1050 with 4x AA, it's hitting around 10fps, which is by far too slow to play. Still that is running the game I'm guessing at High settings; not low.

Hmm...

Yeah you are, I looked in to it before I ever bought it and from what I remember people had good things to say about it. My intentions were never to play games on high settings anyway. Just to play on lowest settings with a playable frame rate. I tried Call of Duty: World at War on the first mission on lowest settings and was fluctuating between 20-70 fps. I noticed that it had nothing to do with what was going on in the game, it would just decide to drop. Also, as I said a lot of flash games have ridiculous frame rate lag as well. I don't understand what the problem is.

Is cooling a factor? i.e don't the Nvidia drivers have a built in temperature readout you could check when it start to slow?
Open up the Nvidia control panel and have a look see.

I have been using speedfan and also Speccy gives temperature readings (As you already know lol) And the temperature maxes out at around 70c. I know that's warm and all, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom