Fps

Hmm weird...must be something to do with what the games are looking for when you place a CD in that drive, and obviously, its not finding anything, so thinks the cd's not in it needs...

Something leads me to believe this could be something to do with the cd drive not spinning up fast enough to deliver the codes to the game to know the disc is in, in time, especially if that hard drive is faster than your old one.

Make sure the CD Drive is set to Master inside your computer which might help this, and might also make the cd recognise it better.

Plus, when putting the disc in the drive, wait for it to start spinning up, and then press the EXE file.
Does it work then? This would definietly proove my point right.

and finally try this,
most games have an exe file to boot it up from within the cd drive. Try using this as well :)

i hope this helps

I waited for the CD to get up to speed and it still didnt work :(. I think your theory might be right because the games that do work are older games like civilization III and Tetris Worlds meaning the CD would not have to be spinning as fast to read them. I am going to go inside real fast and make sure the CD drive is getting the proper juice. brb

Okay, and also try the EXE within the CD, and see if this boots the game up.

Yeah, it does seem to be that then, something about the spinning up.

Have you tried checking that the CD rom drive is a Master? (might work)

After these tests, I will go into looking for a way of checking the cd rom drive speed is set to max, and i'll also tell you how to uninstall the cd drivers and install them again to see if these help.

I hope this helps :)

Oh :(

Tried running from EXE files from within the CD ROM's then to activate the start up of the game instead of running it from he hard drive? This would probably make it work since it wouldn't be relying on waiting for the data to arrive, as it'd have to spin up to read the EXE file...

Next, try uninstalling the CD drive, (doubt this would work, but anythings possible) and restarting the system, and let it find it and install drivers, and check then...

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm stumped :(

I hope these help though.

Kage I uninstalled the Drivers and re-installed the latest ones (prolly the same ones I un-installed) and still gives me the no cd error. If you come up with anything else it could be or have another suggestion pleasse PM me or post here, and thanks for all your help so far.

Back
Top Bottom