fortmat disk

leon4l

Beta member
hey mates am new at this forums, well my computer got infected with some kind of trojan/spyware, well i have norton and i scaned it didnt do much help, so i went for adaware, but it didnt want to update the files or something, so i went for spybot and it didnt want to install it, and this trojan/spyware is ruining my computer it already messed up my dvd burner setting as well as my printer settings, my computer gets stuck on the shutting down screen when i try to shut down, and when i use search enginges i get redirected to some other sites, so now the only solution i see is to erease everything by formatting the disk, but i dont know how!!! the bright side is that i have the recovery disk for my pc but i dont know how to use it to erease my computer, well my question is how do i format my disk?

my system a lenovo vista computer

wow i think i have a run-on sentence : [BigGrin]

ok, what you should do is back up all ur important files to like an external hard drive or something

shut down pc

turn on, and quick put in ur recovery disk

follow the instructions and reinstall ur OS over ur old partition

reboot

voila! new computer

then just put all ur important stuff back on

i did wat you told me i put in the disk right when all the black screen and the company name came but i didnt get any options to do anything and when windows come on the options am give are to install windows and ive tried that option but i cant install it cus my current version is taking up the space the new version news, so i need to throw away the current version so i can pop in the new version

Make sure that the CD/DVD drive is set to boot first in BIOS. BIOS entry is fairly generic on most systems - F1 or F10 or F12 or DEL key in some cases (like mine). Change the boot priority so that the CD/DVD drive boots first with the install disk in it.

Make sure that the CD/DVD drive is set to boot first in BIOS. BIOS entry is fairly generic on most systems - F1 or F10 or F12 or DEL key in some cases (like mine). Change the boot priority so that the CD/DVD drive boots first with the install disk in it.

If you have a F-lock key, make sure it is on! Otherwise the function key don't function! (That's how I earned my Avatar)

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=85548

guys thanks for all the help i know this is a simple problem but i just cant get the format started

Back
Top Bottom