Formatting Windows 95 and installing Windows 98

Cronodude360

Baseband Member
I have formatted my hard drive that was running Windows 95, and I am trying now to install Windows 98. Unfortunately my startup disk is corrupt, and although I have downloaded some startup disks, they don't work because they can't get my CD drive working. Any ideas?

Tada!!!

The win 98 and 98 se cd's have all you need to format and install the 98 operating system. Set in the bios for the cd drive to be first then the hard drive and then the floppy. When it asks to make a new floppy have a formatted one handy and let it make one for you. When it's all done getting 98 installed don't forget to go back and set the floppy first then the hard drive then the cd.
Nothing to it but to do it...

I'm guessing maybe you have a faulty CD drive or the CD drive is just plain dead. If it can't read the Windows 98 disc and can't read the other boot up disc then the problem is probably your CD drive. If you have another computer with a CD drive, put the Windows 98 disc in it and see if they boot up. You can buy a new CD drive for about 10.00 on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom