formatting problems

I suck

Beta member
Hello my computer currently has two partitions. on one of them i installed a trial version of windows xp. when I got a copy of xp pro I accidentaly installed it on the other partition. when I right click the c drive to format it a message says that it cannot format the drive and tells me to quit using any disk utilities or programs that are using this drive. I am not aware of any that are using it so I dont know how to fix the problem. How do get rid of the trial version on the other partition?
SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND !!! I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!!!!

How big is your hard drive.you could use PartitionMagic, enables you to safely load and run multiple operating systems (OSes) on the same computer without conflict. Test a new OS without giving up the stability of the OS you are currently using. PartitionMagic also includes PQBoot, which enables you to select which OS to run on your next reboot while running in Windows.And then put your xp pro in your cd drive and instail it.

Hope this helps you

I suck said:
Hello my computer currently has two partitions. on one of them i installed a trial version of windows xp. when I got a copy of xp pro I accidentaly installed it on the other partition. when I right click the c drive to format it a message says that it cannot format the drive and tells me to quit using any disk utilities or programs that are using this drive. I am not aware of any that are using it so I dont know how to fix the problem. How do get rid of the trial version on the other partition?
SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND !!! I DONT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!!!!
A trial version of XP your kidding.
Witch drive has the XP Pro ? If it's not C then start over.
Someone got this PC working get their help.

sparks96 said:
How big is your hard drive.you could use PartitionMagic, enables you to safely load and run multiple operating systems (OSes) on the same computer without conflict. Test a new OS without giving up the stability of the OS you are currently using. PartitionMagic also includes PQBoot, which enables you to select which OS to run on your next reboot while running in Windows.And then put your xp pro in your cd drive and instail it.

Hope this helps you
Topic:Formatimg problems
This guy is confused enough.This isn't about dual booting or size of hd.
Its about formating.He probably isn't even interested in dual boot.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom