formatting and installation of xp

Insert Windows Xp disk and boot off the disk (go into bios and set the CD drive as the first boot drive)

from there just follow the directions, I don't exactly all the keys to press but make sure you delete the partition and format it with NTFS, not the quick. Then it will install windows, when it is done make sure to install all drivers correctly then do windows updates and such.

Then do a disk clean up and Disk Defragmenter and you should be good to go. Let us know if you have any other problems.

CompMan said:
Insert Windows Xp disk and boot off the disk (go into bios and set the CD drive as the first boot drive)

from there just follow the directions, I don't exactly all the keys to press but make sure you delete the partition and format it with NTFS, not the quick. Then it will install windows

and since you're a newbie, after the windows installation is done, while it's booting up, go into the bios and make sure you change the bios back to booting off the hdd first, or it will boot off the cd again...

;)

i finished installing xp and am done with the updates n everything
but it shows as there are no sound devices
what shud i do now

You need to install the motherboard chipset drivers. They should be on the CD that came with the motherboard or they are available to download at the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Back
Top Bottom