Form Factor Question

colorblindjimbo

In Runtime
I just bought a "ATX Mid-Tower", and I have a "ATX Form Factor" motherboard (not mini or micro or anything). I'm just wondering if it will fit into the case.

The reason I am concerned is because the motherboard didn't fit into the other case that I had laying around, and I thought it was a pretty large case.

it will fit, that case will also fit the Micro ATX form factor aswell.

the only cases that dont fit full atx boards are micro ATX cases and other small form factor cases, which are pretty rare when you buy them from a site like newegg\tigerdirect.

it will fit, that case will also fit the Micro ATX form factor aswell.

the only cases that dont fit full atx boards are micro ATX cases and other small form factor cases, which are pretty rare when you buy them from a site like newegg\tigerdirect.
Nice, thank you to both of you.

I have a XPS Gen 5 Case (dell proprietary crap), and its f'ing huge. It weights seriously like 70lbs, and I get a back ache whenever I move it. Anyways, I tried to put my new mobo into it, and it didn't fit. There was plenty of room, but the backpanel didn't match up (off by about an inch). The reason is pretty obvious, as in those models the PSU (650W) is on the bottom of the case, and its really wierd. It's actually a good design as it gives you alot more room inside the case, but it is very proprietary, and I can't use it in other cases (I also had to buy a 650W PSU off newegg for like $55 after a $40 MIR).

Now I have a 3.8ghz, 1gb DDR2, 70Lb computer laying around.

Back
Top Bottom