Force Unsupported Screen Resolution

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
Anybody know any programs I can do this with. This is because my pc broke and this temporary one doesn't support widescreen (my screen is 19 inch widescreen).

Re-install the video drivers to support higher resolutions, if its running on the native Windows ones

Thanks, what I mean't was its an old card that just doesn't seem to know what widescreen is. It's a nVidia Riva TNT2 M64.

Ah right.

Still, you have to install the new drivers, which still support your card right?
Since you have to do that, the driver should support resolutions available on Widescreen monitors, unless the cards so old, they have discontinued it in the driver revisions.

Found something thats free that should help:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=169

"PowerStrip provides advanced, multi-monitor, programmable hardware support to a wide range of graphics cards - from the venerable Matrox Millennium I to the latest ATI and NVIDIA Crossfire/SLI solutions."

So it should allow you to define resolutions :)

Hehe, glad it did :)

...I'm wondering if this would force Crysis to run in full screen but not stretch either side of my widescreen... Or permit a 16:10 ratio in full screen, so theres no stretching of models in the game...

I may have to try it myself!

Ok good luck! Its funny because I had powerstrip installed on my other PC before it broke, I used it to overclock my graphics card, I never even realised it had this feature.

Back
Top Bottom