Force computer to boot without keyboard

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I was wondering if it was possible to force my BIOS to continue booting when it realises there is no keyboard attached....i ask this because i have just set up a spare pc in my living room which i use as a music server that is controlled by another pc on the network. I have it set up so that i push the power button, it turns on and loads the winamp software, and i control it...but it wont boot with no keyboard attached (i guess its saying "No keyboard present or Keyboard Error, Press F1 to continue"), i was wondering if there was a way around this?

Matt

EDIT: Also, is there a way that i can make my pc boot as quick as possible...all that needs to run at startup is my antivirus, all the drivers, my network and Winamp, dont need no fancy GUI's on anything as there is no monitor attached, just want quick boot times...

Mattyl110792 said:
Hey,

I was wondering if it was possible to force my BIOS to continue booting when it realises there is no keyboard attached....i ask this because i have just set up a spare pc in my living room which i use as a music server that is controlled by another pc on the network. I have it set up so that i push the power button, it turns on and loads the winamp software, and i control it...but it wont boot with no keyboard attached (i guess its saying "No keyboard present or Keyboard Error, Press F1 to continue"), i was wondering if there was a way around this?

Matt

EDIT: Also, is there a way that i can make my pc boot as quick as possible...all that needs to run at startup is my antivirus, all the drivers, my network and Winamp, dont need no fancy GUI's on anything as there is no monitor attached, just want quick boot times...

Go in the BIOS, find the first one showing where you current harddrive is and than go down the error's and change it to no Errors

and about booting faster. Assuming you are using windows go to start -> run -> msconfig and from there you can disable stuff so that it won't open when windows boots.

Back
Top Bottom