Follow Up Advice on my Frist Build

Drain You

In Runtime
Ok Ive got most of my build so far and Ive been putting off getting this parts cause im having a hard time deciding on AMD or Intel, what do you guys think?

AMD

Athlon 64 4200+ x2

Intel

Core 2 Duo Conroe E6300

Then Id pick a motherbaord from there. I guess the processor is the only thing giving me trouble. I can figure out the rest if someone could convince me to get a certain processor. Oh yea and I really cant go for the E6400 as its 230$ and that would put me over my budget

-Drained You

the E6300 is way better than the x2 4200, at performance and at overclocking abilities, it can compare to the Fx model of amd.

Guess ill go with that then,for some reason I was leaning towards AMD but you seem to know more than I do.

It depends on how much you want to spend.

You can buy a AMD 64 3800 X2 and OC it with ease to the speeds of the AMD 64 5000 X2 with no problems (you will want to get a better HSF the 3800 X2 stock one is crap).

I've heard and read on several places the Conroe is better, I guess its preference on what you want to get. I can only tell you that I'm very pleased with my 3800 X2 runs very cool easy to OC (after you get yoru damn bios updated).

I'm pretty sure with it OC'd at 2.6GHz its equaly to or maybe even more powerful than the chip you were looking at above, not sure though.

Also make sure if you get the 3800X2 you get the AM2 version not the 939.

Back
Top Bottom