floppy question

convergecult

In Runtime
i got a good deal and bought a older 08 quad core system on craigslist for 75 and i got windows and everything installed just fine but the computer when booting stops and says floppy drive failure press f1 to continue. i do not have a floppy hooked up and didnt know if there was a way of disabeling it searching for one on start up? the mother board is a evga 680i tl

Go into setup. Could be accessed by holding delete.
Tell it you don't have a floppy.

i tried looking in bios and couldnt find anything that said floppy, i went into device manager and disabled it and it still does it

go into BIOS, set Floppy Drives A/B to None, and if there is an option for it, disable the FD controller itself. Then, the board should not bug you to press F1 anymore during POST unless there is another issue.

It will either show as Floppy, Drives A/B and sometimes Diskette Drive. When you power up, enter the BIOS (Technically the CMOS), and under the main screen, look for that specific setting. If you can't find it, look in the advanced section.

Would you happen to know your motherboard model by any chance?

Here's the owners manual in pdf format. http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/122-CK-NF67.pdf RTFM

Here's the screen you're looking for.
attachment.php

I'm not going to host that for long so better get on it soon.

Back
Top Bottom