Floppy Drive not recognized

bill gisse

Baseband Member
A few days ago I decided to use the floppy on my recent new build. It doersn't work and the PC doesn't recognize its there. Checked everything I can think of and installed a new cable. The green light in the floppy is on all the time. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Looks like new floppy maybe needed.

New subject. When I boot up, the CMOS and BIOS white on black pages appear before Windowss comes up. Is there any buttons to push that will let Windows be the first page up[? Thanks. Bill

Go into the BIOS and check to see if the floppy drive is recognized. If not, see if there is an option to enable it. If there isn't one, then you probably can't use a floppy drive because they are becoming slowly phased out of new technology. For instance i updated by BIOS and it doesn't even have a flobby disk option anymore.

Distortion88 said:
Go into the BIOS and check to see if the floppy drive is recognized. If not, see if there is an option to enable it. If there isn't one, then you probably can't use a floppy drive because they are becoming slowly phased out of new technology. For instance i updated by BIOS and it doesn't even have a flobby disk option anymore.

BIOS page says there is space for Floppy Drives A and B but that none are installed, this also supported by the manual.

i guess just check all the connection to be sure that they are plugged in correctly. Then go into windows and see if the floppy drive is even detected in the device manager. If you're sure that there is definitely no detection and that the cables are connected properly and that there is nothing to enable in the BIOS then...well..i dont know lol!

and back about a question at the top where you mentioned the "black and white CMOS and BIOS screens" are you just talking about the general boot up screens? There isn't a way of making it so windows just comes up first as far as i know of.

A floppy drive light on all the time means you have the floppy cable backwards, pull the connector off and turn it upside down and reconnect it...also make sure that the connector nearest the twist in the cable is the end plugged into the drive and not the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom