Flat Screens

Morglam

Solid State Member
Hi all
I just got a 17" compaq fp 1706 flat panel monitor today was sing a crt before which was at 1024x768 pixels. I connected the flat panel and the screen was all out of proportion so i looked at the compaq site and it said change the resolution to 1080x1024 pixels which i did. That sorted the desktop problem but i play games in 800X600 pxels and it is all out of proportion. I have tried to adjust the games setting but the highest i can go is 1024X768.

Does anyone know of anyway i can sort this.

My gfx card specs if needed is
ATI radeon X700 256MB PCI-x

thankyou

a lot of LCD/flat panel monitors have an auto adjust button on them. hit that and it will fix the problem. when i play a game in a lower resolution i have that problem on my flat screen but i just hit the auto adjust button and it fixes it.

Thankyou for the reply

I pressed it moves the screen around abit but it still is out of proportion and it comes up with a message saying recommended setting 1080x1024 @60Hz

Morglam said:
Thankyou for the reply

I pressed it moves the screen around abit but it still is out of proportion and it comes up with a message saying recommended setting 1080x1024 @60Hz
try going to display properties and changing your setting to that. I believe that LCD's use a lower refresh rate than CRT's but I could be wrong on that one. right click on the desktop and go to properties and then go to settings and then click on advanced, go to monitor and then go to "monitor refresh rate" and click 60HZ and that should fix it. that should fix the problem.

personally with my screen i have to press it more than once to get the screen to adjust itself perfectly
i got a 17inch viewsonic

Sorry to interrupt your thread, but i just bought a Hanns-G 19" Widescreen Monitor, and it says its reolution is 1440x900. When i look in Displays Manager it says 1280x768 or something, im just wondering how to get it to 1440x900. I've also tried my ATI Catylist Control Center for Help, but i cant figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom