Flash drive question

Celticsfan

Banned
If I have a file that is 2.4GB in size, how long would it take to put it on a 4GB standard flash drive? If some of you could take your best guess I would greatly appreciate it.

thx

why don't you try and see? Maybe like 5-12 min?

Because I don't have a flash drive yet. Hence the question here. 5 to 12 minutes, are you pretty sure? Have you ever loaded a file nearly that size before and did it take around that time?

Others please chime in as well.

thx

I have transferred 4 GB games from my HD to my 8 GB flash drives and files around that size usually take anywhere between 5-15 minutes.. it all depends

It is def no longer that that.... Honestly I think it took me like 2-5 minutes tops to send a file about 2.1 GBs to mine...I was transferring a ton of music to a friends computer and I honestly don't think it took more than a few minutes....If you really wanna speed it up put it in a zip file....shouldn't take more than a minute or 2

well if that is all it takes I think I will get one today. Thanks a bunch guys. I appreciate your help.

thx

Rule of thumb I believe is that if there are lots of files in lots of folders it takes longer. If it's like an ISO or ZIP file or something, it shouldn't take long at all. Just do it and go get something to drink :p

What if my specs are 312MB of memory, 500megahertz amd k6 cpu. How long would it take to send a file of that size to a thumb drive?

thx

Also, the computer I am talking about took 2 1/4 hours to zip a 900MB file. Should I expect the same amount of time for it to put same size file on a flash drive?

thx

What if my specs are 312MB of memory, 500megahertz amd k6 cpu. How long would it take to send a file of that size to a thumb drive?

thx

Also, the computer I am talking about took 2 1/4 hours to zip a 900MB file. Should I expect the same amount of time for it to put same size file on a flash drive?

thx
Um......thats going to take a while then. To transfer over 2gb, you're probably looking at the better part of an hour, probably more.

To add to others here...it depends. If you are loading photos, well they will take longer than say .txt files. If your can zip a folder together, that may take some time off the packing/unpacking time.

Back
Top Bottom