fixing regedit (trying anyway)

icemakr

In Runtime
My situation is this... (A) I had been running xphome on a 90gb drive and ended up getting a bunch of adware after getting a crack from a non specified site. Not long after I could not even get my 8011.b card to recieve any packets to get online. I put XPro on a smaller drive, and hooked up the infected on up as secondary slave. I could now get online with the new drive. I ran TrendMicro's online scan and NSW2004 and found a crap load of things, primarily on the troubled one. If I follow the instructions from symantec to delete things from regedit for the second hard drive is it going to work, and so I'm clear on it, whether you have one, two, three, or four drives they are all going to be there in the same regedit. I only ask because I have two different XPs on the two drives. (B) One of the adwares replaced my desktop backround to a blue error screen .jpg, after i deleted items associated with that my desktop went to black backround and when i go to display there are only 2 tabs instead of 5, screensaver and settings. I tried repairing the installation and thought that would fix that particular display problem, but it had no effect. Most anything would be helpful, and if I came accross confusing in my questioning, I'll try to rephrase. Thank You to anyone that replies.

sorry... cant really help u fix this problem... but ive had something similar happen (not to this extent) and i tried and tried to fix it... but just ended up having to format my drive and start over cuz there was just no way that i could track down every single one and eliminate them without harming the system

Back
Top Bottom