Fixing External HDD

Jaymo

Baseband Member
Hi all,

Right the other day I finally got around to building myself a 80gb 2.5" external SATA hdd (sorry im quite proud of myself as its so tiny :D).

After being able to put together my own one, I thought back to an old Maxtor 250gb 3.5" External HDD I have in the loft. The reason its up there is because; when I plug the power adapter in and then turn on the hard drive the small green led on the power adapter starts to flash and the HDD doesn't make a sound. I've tried different power adapters and still the same result, so now im wondering if I should get myself a different case and try the hdd in there.

I just wanted to know what people thought, or if it sounds like the hdd is officially dead. Looking forward to hearing from some of u!

hey atomic,

I think thats the only way I can really do it, but I dont have access to my computer until wed which sucks. I might order myself an IDE/SATA combo external casing just so i can use it if need to. If not then i'll just buy myself a 500gb hdd to replace the 250gb i think.

I just hope it really isn't corrupt as it has a lot, lot of data on the hdd which I want to get off it (no idea how the pro's get data off the hdd's). But I Can't afford to pay someone to get the data off of it.

Back
Top Bottom