First time at building a gaming rig

Ah, cool, in that case I'll mount the the fans so they blow the hot air out of the case. Since I'm reversing the airflow of this, should I also remove the filter that goes on top of the case here:

11.jpg

In the full setup the radiator would be sandwiched between the fans and the filter.

Last edited:
0k, I'm having trouble with with the EATX12V cable - I've been through all the cables that came with the power supply and not one of them fits it or the extension cable that came with the case. I have a lot of double-headed cables marked PCI-E that have a six-pin head and a two pin head that can lock together to make an eight pin....but as far as I can see not one of these connectors fits on the board or the extension cable because there is a little bit of plastic on the side of the two-pin head that sticks out. Can anyone help?

what are you having trouble plugging in an where are you trying to plug it in to?

do you mean the square four holed mobo power lead from the psu?

pics would help. is it male or female?

This is a male cord on the standard eight pin motherboard EATX12V. I can't see a four pin and don't think there is one on here. For the motherboard it is that black one on the top left:

A455-1202_chiclet01_ibp_mn_8139492.jpg

This is the cable. The line of plastic down the side of the connector that's blocking it going in can be seen on the top of the two-pin connector in the second picture.

_ZHI9384_zps44b262d2.jpg

Last edited:
There's a slot on the side of the larger plug the guide on the side of the two pin goes in to. Do not force the plug in the socket. As you can see in the pic the socket is keyed for only one type of plug. I'm confident that's the two that go in there. If you'll also notice on the socket the keeper clip notch is offset to one side. That's from the 6 pin having the clip centered on it and then having the other two pins off to the side.

Last edited:
0k, I've tried again and it still isn't going in, I think it may be a design fault. The six-pin fits into the slot fine, but I can't get the two pin to fit any way up, even on its own. Looking at it closely I can see that there is nowhere for that raised line to go in the socket so it stops the plug going in. :/ And for a plug that only goes in this one hole, I have an awful lot of these things. Even assuming you have one of those motherboards with two eight pin plugs this would be way too many.

Your not trying to put the ones labeled pci-e are you , they do not go in there? it will be a cable that is hard wired (normally)

its the EPS cable you need.

it'll prob be 2x4male or 1x8 male

Last edited:
Ah, thanks, but there isn't a cable like that in there, all I have is three 6+2 pin cables, one of them double-headed. :/ The list you link to says there are only two of those and one is double-headed so I'm guessing they put the wrong cable in by mistake....

Back
Top Bottom