Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #21
Baseband Member

Default Re: First time at building a gaming rig

Oh right, lol, no I hadn't. Probably is a bit out of my range. Is there a cheaper card that would be nearly as good that I could maybe double up later?

It overclocks itsef? I've never heard of that before, how does it work?

Hadashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #22
In Runtime

Lots of opinions about watercooling. H100 is pretty comparable to a high end air cooler. But a custom loop will destroy any air cooler on the market. That is not an opinion that is a fact.

particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #23
Wizard of Wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Lots of opinions about watercooling. H100 is pretty comparable to a high end air cooler. But a custom loop will destroy any air cooler on the market. That is not an opinion that is a fact.
That's true but if you don't really need it, then why bother? Not every one knows how to design and install a liquid cooling system. For a first build the skill level is very low.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #24
Golden Master

As Seti has just basically said your better off sticking with ordinary cooling than trying water cooling and being a first time PC builder..
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #25
Baseband Member

Really? Unfortunately I have already ordered it so I am kinda stuck now unless it doesn't fit or isn't any good, so there isn't much I can do at this point.

0k, I have the card reader and power supply on order, it's just the graphics card or cards now. I've read your suggestions and I think they are good, but I'm wondering, is the gtx 770 or 780 enough of an upgrade that it might be worth getting just one now and then adding a second card later when they are a lot cheaper? My thinking is that if I order two 660's I will have to completely replace them at some point, but if the others are good enough I could just buy a second one when they are cheaper. This is probably wrong but I just want to check before I buy. What do you all think?
Old 08-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #26
In Runtime

You will be fine with the h100 it is no more difficult to install than an air cooler.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #27
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadashi View Post
Really? Unfortunately I have already ordered it so I am kinda stuck now unless it doesn't fit or isn't any good, so there isn't much I can do at this point.

0k, I have the card reader and power supply on order, it's just the graphics card or cards now. I've read your suggestions and I think they are good, but I'm wondering, is the gtx 770 or 780 enough of an upgrade that it might be worth getting just one now and then adding a second card later when they are a lot cheaper? My thinking is that if I order two 660's I will have to completely replace them at some point, but if the others are good enough I could just buy a second one when they are cheaper. This is probably wrong but I just want to check before I buy. What do you all think?

dont get 660's lol you mean 760's.

i see your thinking but the outlay for the 760 in SLI is better value for money, you wont need to change those cards for many years.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #28
Baseband Member

0k, it seems like there are a few to choose from, should I go with the 'overclocked' version?
Old 08-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #29
Daemon Poster

This is one of the best and a free game. Has the best reviews and highest overclock.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #30
Baseband Member

0k cool. :3