Ok, I've been doing my research to try and build a good solid gaming and Photoshop PC that will last a few years and be upgradable, but this is all very confusing.
What I would really like to do is get a good powerful motherboard and processor combo that I can then build on, but I am having a hell of a lot of trouble working out which ones to get. I do intend to overclock the system a little bit at some point but I don't want to do that until I need to and I have read up on it. My budget is about £2000 ish. Here is what I have so far:
- Cooler Master Storm Stryker full tower gaming case (may be incompatible with the CPU cooling, mostly using it because it has a sturdy handle on top)
- Asus P9X79 Socket 2011 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard (Not sure which one would be best)
- Toshiba 512GB 2.5 Solid State Drive: Read: 552 MB/s Write: 512 MB/s
- Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz Socket 2011 10MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
- Patriot 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133Mhz C11 Black Mamba Dual RAM Kit
- Corsair H100i Hydro CPU Water Cooler
- Corsair AX860i Fully Modular 860W PSU
So what does everyone think?
I have messed around with computers before, but this would be my first full build.