First time Build. What is your dream motherboard?

NarcStudios

Beta member
Hey everyone. Newb to the forums. I am in the process of my first home build. (I built a few 386s back in the nineties, but that doesn't count) My question for you all is.. If money was not an option, what motherboard would you get? The computer I am building will be used for everything from hardcore gaming, work, to browsing the web. I am looking at spending $3000.00 - $3500.00 on this computer so I'm not worried about dropping a few hundred for the board. I think I have narrowed it down to this DFI , let me know what you all think.

Also any other suggestions on video cards sound cards etc would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Go with the ASUS A8N-SLI ATX AMD Motherboard, to sli two nvidia card for some awesome power!

Or, go with this ABIT AT8 32X ATX AMD Motherboard, which allows you to cross-fire two ati cards. Imagine the gaming with dual x1900xtx's.. :) That would probably be overkill but if you got the money go for it!

Edit: A good video card is the Nvidia 6600gt. It plays most games decently. Also, I hear the Soundblaster Audigy line is excellent.

PerfectSK said:
Go with the ASUS A8N-SLI ATX AMD Motherboard, to sli two nvidia card for some awesome power!

Or, go with this ABIT AT8 32X ATX AMD Motherboard, which allows you to cross-fire two ati cards. Imagine the gaming with quad x1900xtx's.. :) That would probably be overkill but if you got the money go for it!

Edit: A good video card is the Nvidia 6600gt. It plays most games decently. Also, I hear the Soundblaster Audigy line is excellent.
corrected your speech :)

My dream motherboard would be an ASUS 985x chipset motherboard, but since you are talking about AMD, DFI all the way.

Yeah I think my dream motherboard would be that DFI. Just to let you know intel's new processor Merom is coming out this summer. It has beaten down FX-60's so you might just want to wait for that to come out before you drop $3000 on a computer right now. That is just my $.02 though.

Dude, you MUST, MUST wait. Do not buy now... if you... well.. your gonna be hurting, BIG time when the high end intels come out.. (and possibly AMDs)

Back
Top Bottom