First PC Building Issue

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
i know that everyone here is probly getting sick of seeing threads like this
but im not on any other sites so
i got this bb pc from tigerdirect.com
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3747033&CatId=2405
here is the issue
the rear IO pannel on the case
isnt even close to the on on the mobo
so what do i do?
the mobo comes with a blank IO pannel
but i cant figure out for the life of me how to remove the one from the case
and put the other one on
also
there are some prongs on the mobo provided IO pannel
how in the world are you supposed to get those all to be around the ports in the back!
to you just manually bend them?
or are they supposed to be a compression fit to hold the IO pannel onto the port in the back?
thanks for all of your help

OK, to clarify here, there is an IO pannel on the case right now, and one came with the motherboard and your looking to take off the the pannel that is currently on the case, and put the one that came with the mobo inside the case, correct?

If so, the one on the case usually just pops off, when you push from the outside in. TO put the new one on, just push it in from the inside. Those tabs should be pointed down at an angle between 45 &85ish degrees when the IO pannel is installed. When you put in the motherboard, you want to angle the back down as you put it in, so as the front gets set down, the back levels off and pushes those tabs up. They are meant to be a ground from those ports to the case in case of any kind of surge so it's important to make sure they are making a connection.

you are right on the money
and thanks for the info
is the rear IO pannel on the case very stiff to push out?
and im pushing toward the 5.25" bays
right?

Yea.

But push one side at a time. And push towards the front of the case. When it pops out you'll see little bumps on the plate that have to engage when you pop it in and some panels take a bit of effort.

Back
Top Bottom