Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-14-2009, 03:00 AM   #61
Omnicide now.

Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

The one in post #54 is excellent.
If you have an option, go with an LG burner. I'm not really sure why, but mine can read what no other DVD drive can.
why r u going with the caviar HD? newegg has the 1TB WD green on sale for $70 i think. Give me a min, and i will post the code.
oops never mind. its sold out. The hitachi is down to $85.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:04 AM   #62
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Any of the top three or four burners will do: Newegg.ca - DVD Burners
Eh. I doubt he wants white/beige though or an IDE drive. And the Samsung that's on there doesn't appear to be able to burn CDs...?? The only one off of there that I would consider getting is the HP...but you are still paying out the nose, IMHO (and for anything after it on the list)...I wish they'd get the good LG and Sammy drives back in. They are out of stock everywhere, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
If you have an option, go with an LG burner. I'm not really sure why, but mine can read what no other DVD drive can.
why r u going with the caviar HD? newegg has the 1TB WD green on sale for $70 i think. Give me a min, and i will post the code.
Just remember he's in Canada.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:07 AM   #63
Baseband Member

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16827151188 <-- probably just gonna grab this one, since its the cheapest of the 4.

and dude_56013, in the near future i might consider CrossFiring probably around November or just gonna w8 for X-mas and get some upgrades.

edit: will all this stuff fit into the antec 900? without it being waay too cramped inside.
and what other stuff to i need for the build? like extra wires etc because i want to hide the wires on the back, but i don know what extra wires to get so i can reroute some cables on to the back
Dangerouz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #64
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerouz123 View Post
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16827151188 <-- probably just gonna grab this one, since its the cheapest of the 4.

and dude_56013, in the near future i might consider CrossFiring probably around November or just gonna w8 for X-mas and get some upgrades
I'm not sure about that drive. It doesn't look like it burns CDs..(which is weird), and I can't find it anywhere on the Samsung site (have no clue about that).

As for the CFing, you can definitely wait. You'll be fine with one 4870 right now. When way newer games come out in the future, then look at CFing a bit closer. You look like you are good to go then. All except for that darn DVD drive. Do you have one you could borrow until they come back in stock? (To install W7 with...?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
The Hitachi only has a 16MB cache.

The Black is only $5 more than the Green.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #65
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerouz123 View Post

and dude_56013, in the near future i might consider CrossFiring probably around November or just gonna w8 for X-mas and get some upgrades.

edit: will all this stuff fit into the antec 900? without it being waay too cramped inside.
and what other stuff to i need for the build? like extra wires etc because i want to hide the wires on the back, but i don know what extra wires to get so i can reroute some cables on to the back
I have the raidmax ares case, and it can get very difficult to make the wires look good. In the end, I got some thin black hosing from a hardware store, split it, and ran all the cables through it.

The antec 900 should be fine though.

And once again, your build looks very good. Nice move, going with AMD. Maybe soon, you will be a believer too.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:14 AM   #66
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

The Samsung SH-S223L does apper to support CD burning. It burns CDR at 48x and CDRW at 32x.

Writer list - Samsung SH-S223L / TS-H653L
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:15 AM   #67
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post

The Black is only $5 more than the Green.
then try promo code: EMCLTMM28
but i think it is only for the green.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #68
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
The Samsung SH-S223L does apper to support CD burning. It burns CDR at 48x and CDRW at 32x.

Writer list - Samsung SH-S223L / TS-H653L
Okay. Sounds good.

I just found it odd that newegg didn't list CD writing specs, and only that it was CD-ROM...plus when googling the model, not much came up...couldn't even find it on the Sammy website...
Old 06-14-2009, 03:18 AM   #69
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Okay. Sounds good.

I just found it odd that newegg didn't list CD writing specs, and only that it was CD-ROM...plus when googling the model, not much came up...couldn't even find it on the Sammy website...
thats pretty weird. Newegg leaves thing out a lot nowadays, though. But, they are quick to change it if a customer complains...
Old 06-14-2009, 03:20 AM   #70
Baseband Member

Quote:
Do you have one you could borrow until they come back in stock? (To install W7 with...?)
No i dont xD, ermmmm wat about this 1 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16827118014
?

Dangerouz123 is offline   Reply With Quote