Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #51
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerouz123 View Post
considered the antec 900, but wat caught my attention on the nzxt nemesis, is that it has a temp screen and i watched a vid on youtube and the dude said that you can hook up ur fans to it and make it a fan controller too.
Or you can buy a better fan controller from the money that you save. The Antec 900 has built in speed controls on all of the fans.
__________________

__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #52
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

ahhhh, but anyways the case is the least of my worries. wat comes first is the parts for the rig

does any1 else have any suggestions for a budget gaming rig? would be greatly appreciated

tnx in advance

Edit: i think i have made up my mind and i am 95% sure that i will go with the AMD build dude_56013 posted with a few slight changes, instead of the Sapphire 4870 512mb GPU, replacing it with Sapphire Toxic Raedon or the SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Heatpipe Design for Cooling Efficiency, and instead of the Cooler Master Centurion 5, im going to replace it with the antec 900

http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/Tem...px?ChangeQty=0
pls feel free to post any suggestions or comments ty
__________________

Dangerouz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:40 AM   #53
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerouz123 View Post
ahhhh, but anyways the case is the least of my worries. wat comes first is the parts for the rig

does any1 else have any suggestions for a budget gaming rig? would be greatly appreciated

tnx in advance

Edit: i think i have made up my mind and i am 95% sure that i will go with the AMD build dude_56013 posted with a few slight changes, instead of the Sapphire 4870 512mb GPU, replacing it with Sapphire Toxic Raedon or the SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Heatpipe Design for Cooling Efficiency, and instead of the Cooler Master Centurion 5, im going to replace it with the antec 900

http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/Tem...px?ChangeQty=0
pls feel free to post any suggestions or comments ty
Wishlist wouldn't work for me. Could you post the parts you will be using. And yes, that card will be better, I just wasn't sure exactly what you wanted to spend. I think you'll be very pleased with that system, and it should last you quite a while. If you need any help at all, just simply let us know. We all (well, most) love this kind of stuff, so we will gladly help
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #54
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

CPU - AMD PII X4 955 - $296
MB - Gigabyte 790X - $175 RAM - G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333 - $72
HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB - $115
Optical - Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner - $30
PSU - OCZ 600W StealthxStream - $88
GPU - Sapphire Toxic Raedon - $239.99
Case - Antec 900 - $109


Asus 19"

And a nice keyboard/mouse combo

Edit: just recently clicked on the Sony Optical 24x DvD Burner link you posted and it seems the item has been discontinued, is there any other alternatives?
Dangerouz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #55
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerouz123 View Post
CPU - AMD PII X4 955 - $296
MB - Gigabyte 790X - $175 RAM - G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333 - $72
HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB - $115
Optical - Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner - $30
PSU - OCZ 600W StealthxStream - $88
GPU - Sapphire Toxic Raedon - $239.99
Case - Antec 900 - $109


Asus 19"

And a nice keyboard/mouse combo

Edit: just recently clicked on the Sony Optical 24x DvD Burner link you posted and it seems the item has been discontinued, is there any other alternatives?
Man, I don't know what's going on with NewEgg and their DVD drives..everything is either out of stock or non-existent. You'll have to hang tight on the drive for now, I'll look for one on another site and see what I come up with. BTW, do you think you'll end up CF'ing down the road? If so, the one change I would make would be to get a little bit larger PSU (or you could always wait till you CF too)...I can recommend one if that's the case. The 600W would work because it's quality, but it wouldn't leave much headroom.
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:55 AM   #56
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

Just grab any of the DVD burners that strike your fancy. The name brands all work well.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:56 AM   #57
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Just grab any of the DVD burners that strike your fancy. The name brands all work well.
They have basically nothing right now though.
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 AM   #58
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 100
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
BTW, do you think you'll end up CF'ing down the road? If so, the one change I would make would be to get a little bit larger PSU (or you could always wait till you CF too)...I can recommend one if that's the case. The 600W would work because it's quality, but it wouldn't leave much headroom.
what does CF'ing mean?
Dangerouz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:59 AM   #59
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerouz123 View Post
what does CF'ing mean?
Sorry. It's something called Cross Fire. It's linking two video cards of the same series (4xxx, 3xxxx, etc) together to act as one, effectively boosting your GPU power.
__________________
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4GHz || GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 || Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 || EVGA GeForce GTX 480 || Samsung EVO 256GB SSD
my feet get cold and that gives me diarrhea sometimes - Smart_Guy
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:00 AM   #60
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

Any of the top three or four burners will do: Newegg.ca - DVD Burners
__________________

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0