Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #81
Daemon Poster

Default Re: first custom gaming pc build

Oooh, sorry you're having all that trouble.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #82
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister
Oooh, sorry you're having all that trouble.
Yeah for a first time experience its kind of a hassle :-). Oh well I'll get it fixed somehow

BadReligion83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #83
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadReligion83 View Post
Another update. Apparently newegg's website has a ghost or something. I went to replace the original order and somehow the old psu I had (the semi modular one) got put in the order instead of the fully modular one. So now I'm going to have to either contact their c/s tomorrow and try to get them to change it before it ships or just refuse acceptance of the delivery and send it back to them and redo it all over again for the third time. This is starting to get annoying.
Their customer services is great. You could accept the delivery and call customer service. Explain the situation and they'll let you exchange it. If you ask really nicely, they might waive the restocking fee.

I have dealt exclusively with Newegg for most of my builds. Never had a problem.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #84
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSnapWord

Their customer services is great. You could accept the delivery and call customer service. Explain the situation and they'll let you exchange it. If you ask really nicely, they might waive the restocking fee.

I have dealt exclusively with Newegg for most of my builds. Never had a problem.
OK everything is fixed and all the right parts are on the way.

Ohsnapword I called them and all that I need to do is receive all the parts and they are going to give me a rma on the wrong psu and a full refund. All I had to so was order the correct psu separately and send the wrong one back. They made no mention of a restocking fee.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #85
Daemon Poster

Quote:
OK everything is fixed and all the right parts are on the way.

Ohsnapword I called them and all that I need to do is receive all the parts and they are going to give me a rma on the wrong psu and a full refund. All I had to so was order the correct psu separately and send the wrong one back. They made no mention of a restocking fee.

They won't charge you a re-stocking fee for an unopened new item. Like OhSnap says, the Egg is a great company to work with. I must have bought about $15,000 worth of parts in just the last 10 years, and never a problem.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #86
Baseband Member

Quote:

They won't charge you a re-stocking fee for an unopened new item. Like OhSnap says, the Egg is a great company to work with. I must have bought about $15,000 worth of parts in just the last 10 years, and never a problem.
That's partly the reason I chose them. I've not heard one bad thing yet about their c/s and they have the cheapest prices comparable to any body else so why not do all my shopping at one place.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #87
Daemon Poster

Quote:
That's partly the reason I chose them. I've not heard one bad thing yet about their c/s and they have the cheapest prices comparable to any body else so why not do all my shopping at one place.

True, and I've also found Amazon excellent to deal with. I guess you'll have your parts either Fri, or Monday, depending on where you live.

I have a friend who lives in St. Louis, Mo. When ever he orders from the Egg, he'll generally get delivery the next day, two days at the most, because he lives close to one of their distribution centers.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #88
Baseband Member

Quote:

True, and I've also found Amazon excellent to deal with. I guess you'll have your parts either Fri, or Monday, depending on where you live.

I have a friend who lives in St. Louis, Mo. When ever he orders from the Egg, he'll generally get delivery the next day, two days at the most, because he lives close to one of their distribution centers.
I'm hoping against fate that I'll have the parts by Friday but I highly doubt it. So next week on my days off I'll be building. My main concern right now is when I get started putting it together, I'll put a wire in the wrong spot and in the motherboard. I've been looking up vids on YouTube on how to do the wiring, but I'm still really hesitant about this. I don't think the whole "fake it till you make it" rule applies to a $1300 piece of equipment :-)

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Also half the parts are shipping from Tennessee, the other half from New Jersey. So yeah I'll bank on them all being here next week just to give a little wiggle room.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #89
Fully Optimized

If you follow the instructions that came with the motherboard, you should be fine.

Generally it is difficult to plug something into the wrong spot. The plugs should plug in with little to no effort. If you encounter a lot of resistance, double check that you are plugging the wire into the right place and the right way.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #90
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSnapWord View Post
If you follow the instructions that came with the motherboard, you should be fine.

Generally it is difficult to plug something into the wrong spot. The plugs should plug in with little to no effort. If you encounter a lot of resistance, double check that you are plugging the wire into the right place and the right way.

That's correct, all the mobo connectors are key coded, you'd really have to work at plugging a connector in incorrectly.