Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #121
Daemon Poster
 
Computear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US
Posts: 675
Default Re: first custom gaming pc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
You must have been typing while I was posting, because that's exactly what I said.

I think that's called being "Ninjed", is that right?

And don't tell me this is off subject.
Ninja'd? Maybe. Not sure.

Yeah, I typed it out then got distracted by a customer and didn't click 'Submit Reply' for like 5 minutes.
__________________

__________________
Laptop: Dell XPS 17 | i5-2450M @ 2.5GHz | 6144MB RAM | GeForce GT 550M
Desktop:
HAF 932 Advanced | i5-3750k @ 4.4GHz | CORSAIR H100 | ASUS P8Z77-V | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 @ 1600 | MUSHKIN 240GB SSD | WD 500GB 7200RPM HDD
Computear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #122
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister

You must have been typing while I was posting, because that's exactly what I said.

I think that's called being "Ninjed", is that right?

And don't tell me this is off subject.
I see thanks for the explanation.

I am literally counting down the hours till I get the rest of my parts. damn ADHD :-)

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computear

Ninja'd? Maybe. Not sure.

Yeah, I typed it out then got distracted by a customer and didn't click 'Submit Reply' for like 5 minutes.
Out of curiosity what do you do?
__________________

BadReligion83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #123
Daemon Poster
 
Hameister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 887
Default Re: first custom gaming pc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadReligion83 View Post
...Out of curiosity what do you do?

He gets paid for being distracted by the occasional customer.
__________________
HAF 932 Advanced / Corsair AX1200 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / i7-3930K / H100 Cooling 4x120mm
16GB Corsair DDR3 / GTX 580x2 SLI + GTX 460 PhysX / SSDs Mushkin 240GB, Crucial 256GB, Crucial 512GB
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #124
Daemon Poster
 
Computear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US
Posts: 675
Default Re: first custom gaming pc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
He gets paid for being distracted by the occasional customer.
They even interrupt my movies! So rude!

I manage a little smoke shop on the beach. Cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, pipes, hookahs, bongs, novelty items, etc.

Not a very large town though, so most of my day consists of sitting on my laptop playing Guild Wars 2, watching movies on Netflix, or mindlessly browsing the internet.

Fridays/Saturdays are busy enough that I don't have much computer time, Sundays are slow enough that I rarely have to deal with customers, weekdays in-between. The majority of my customers are regulars just for cigarettes, so they're just quickly in & out.
__________________
Laptop: Dell XPS 17 | i5-2450M @ 2.5GHz | 6144MB RAM | GeForce GT 550M
Desktop:
HAF 932 Advanced | i5-3750k @ 4.4GHz | CORSAIR H100 | ASUS P8Z77-V | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 @ 1600 | MUSHKIN 240GB SSD | WD 500GB 7200RPM HDD
Computear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #125
Daemon Poster
 
Hameister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 887
Default Re: first custom gaming pc build

Ahhh, I'm glad the Bad_Dude asked the question. It's always interesting to know what folks do for a living.
__________________
HAF 932 Advanced / Corsair AX1200 / Asus Rampage IV Extreme / i7-3930K / H100 Cooling 4x120mm
16GB Corsair DDR3 / GTX 580x2 SLI + GTX 460 PhysX / SSDs Mushkin 240GB, Crucial 256GB, Crucial 512GB
Hameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #126
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister
Ahhh, I'm glad the Bad_Dude asked the question. It's always interesting to know what folks do for a living.
Yeah I realize it was a bit off topic but the wait is killing me :-). Anyways I'm a cook and have been doing that for the past 13 years.

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computear

They even interrupt my movies! So rude!

I manage a little smoke shop on the beach. Cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, pipes, hookahs, bongs, novelty items, etc.

Not a very large town though, so most of my day consists of sitting on my laptop playing Guild Wars 2, watching movies on Netflix, or mindlessly browsing the internet.

Fridays/Saturdays are busy enough that I don't have much computer time, Sundays are slow enough that I rarely have to deal with customers, weekdays in-between. The majority of my customers are regulars just for cigarettes, so they're just quickly in & out.
You don't sell that fake shit do you? I've seen it mess some of my coworkers up.
BadReligion83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #127
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 67
Default

Anyways back on topic. Let the fun begin the only thing that's missing is the avast anti virus they forgot to send. Since its not that pivotal to the build I'm going to finish up cleaning the house, give you guys time to respond and then start building.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120924_111156.jpg (35.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120924_111207.jpg (36.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120924_111222.jpg (29.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120924_111233.jpg (24.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120924_111244.jpg (41.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120924_111253.jpg (39.9 KB, 0 views)
BadReligion83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #128
Daemon Poster
 
Computear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US
Posts: 675
Default Re: first custom gaming pc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadReligion83 View Post
Anyways back on topic. Let the fun begin the only thing that's missing is the avast anti virus they forgot to send. Since its not that pivotal to the build I'm going to finish up cleaning the house, give you guys time to respond and then start building.
No, we don't sell Spice (that fake stuff), and yeah that shit gives people massive brain damage.

Nice. I'm jealous. I should have a similar pile of parts by the end of the day, and I'm off work at noon (hopefully they'll deliver before that, otherwise I'll be driving back to work to pick it up, set delivery to the shop).
__________________
Laptop: Dell XPS 17 | i5-2450M @ 2.5GHz | 6144MB RAM | GeForce GT 550M
Desktop:
HAF 932 Advanced | i5-3750k @ 4.4GHz | CORSAIR H100 | ASUS P8Z77-V | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 @ 1600 | MUSHKIN 240GB SSD | WD 500GB 7200RPM HDD
Computear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #129
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computear

No, we don't sell Spice (that fake stuff), and yeah that shit gives people massive brain damage.

Nice. I'm jealous. I should have a similar pile of parts by the end of the day, and I'm off work at noon (hopefully they'll deliver before that, otherwise I'll be driving back to work to pick it up, set delivery to the shop).
Nice don't be too jealous, you'll be in the same boat soon! :-)
BadReligion83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #130
Daemon Poster
 
Computear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US
Posts: 675
Default Re: first custom gaming pc build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadReligion83 View Post
Nice don't be too jealous, you'll be in the same boat soon! :-)
Or close enough anyway, but I just realized my RAM and SSD didn't ship out in time on Friday, so they won't be here until tomorrow. Then I still need to order my GTX680 and H100.
__________________

__________________
Laptop: Dell XPS 17 | i5-2450M @ 2.5GHz | 6144MB RAM | GeForce GT 550M
Desktop:
HAF 932 Advanced | i5-3750k @ 4.4GHz | CORSAIR H100 | ASUS P8Z77-V | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 @ 1600 | MUSHKIN 240GB SSD | WD 500GB 7200RPM HDD
Computear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0