first custom gaming pc build

Stop talking, and start building will ya. :lol:

Avast Anti-Virus is a free download, why would the Egg send it???

I think he meant his McAfee Antivirus Plus that they included free with one of the parts he bought... I got one as well... Either way I still think its just a product code to activate after you download it.

And I don't plan to download mine. I don't know what I'd do without "Avast Virus Database has been updated" making me shit my pants every time I don't expect it. Free $40 value my foot, I hate McAfee.

Hameister said:

When I bought it, unbeknownst to me it was out of stock so I don't know what's going on. I was also charged twice for it so yeah a few glitches but nothing major for a first time buy.

I am starting to build I couldn't resist :). I am having trouble figuring this out. The I/o shield has these tabs and they are preventing the motherboard from sitting flush up against it. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120924_124753.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120924_124753.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
  • ForumRunner_20120924_124812.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120924_124812.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5
Stick around hameister, I need your knowledge :) I've got the motherboard assembled, the power supply hooked up, the hdd and ssd installed so now all that's left is what I dread the most: wiring :-(

Never mind I figured it out :)

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

rio said:
My last 2 parts is being delivered this afternoon, cant wait :D

Awesome what was your budget?

Stick around hameister, I need your knowledge :) I've got the motherboard assembled, the power supply hooked up, the hdd and ssd installed so now all that's left is what I dread the most: wiring :-(

Sorry Bad_Dude, I gotta run out for a few hours, I'll check in with you later this afternoon, or early evening....good luck!

Awesome what was your budget?

My budget was about $1500 but ended spending close to $1000.
But I kept (for now) my old gts 450 card. Also, I had a 1TB hard drive that I'm reusing as well. Also kept my optical drives 1 DVDRW and one regular DVD drive, didn't see the need to change them out.

My budget was about $1500 but ended spending close to $1000.
But I kept (for now) my old gts 450 card. Also, I had a 1TB hard drive that I'm reusing as well. Also kept my optical drives 1 DVDRW and one regular DVD drive, didn't see the need to change them out.

Make a thread for your build & post lots of pictures! We love that kind of thing here.

OK so I got everything installed and wired up. I went to turn it on and have run into my first problem. No video. The comp powers up like it should, the fans kick on but no video. I'm going back to recheck all my connections. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom