First build, need help

That would work but you are not getting the full benefit of your motherboard. However, with your processor choice, I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Care to explain? I want to try to get the full benefit or whatever I am purchasing, if you see anything that could be tweaked in order to make the performance better let me know please because I really do not know about this stuff myself and therefore I am relying on you guys to help me out. All the parts I have listed have been suggested on forums somewhere so I am not attached to any pieces in particular, I just know they will work from consensus on the forums of people telling me they will.

would this RAM be sufficient to replace the one you suggested?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231209
Yes, that would be perfect. Technically, you're not getting any performance increases over DDR2 667, but there is virtually no difference in price so you might as well go with DDR 800.

Explanation: The E8400 has an FSB of 333MHz (that's 1333 quad pumped), with a 1:1 ratio, the RAM will run at DDR 667. Running the RAM with a different divider and a higher frequency won't increase performance as the FSB will bottleneck.

If you're not overclocking, go with some cheaper stuff though.

Yes, that would be perfect. Technically, you're not getting any performance increases over DDR2 667, but there is virtually no difference in price so you might as well go with DDR 800.

Explanation: The E8400 has an FSB of 333MHz (that's 1333 quad pumped), with a 1:1 ratio, the RAM will run at DDR 667. Running the RAM with a different divider and a higher frequency won't increase performance as the FSB will bottleneck.

Thank you for explaining that. I fell off the ball and fell asleep. LOL :eek:

I am not sure but from what I have gathered online, to play warcraft III, listen to music and be on ventrilo I will not have the need to overclock am I correct?

Am I going to need thermal paste with this build or will it already be fine?

Back
Top Bottom