first build... need help

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
Ok I was working my computer and when I went to hook up my case fans I noticed there were 2 4pin connectors on the fans. One male, one female. I know I hook the one up to my PSU, but what do i do with the other one?

Ah, i thoguht that when I first got them, and then realised.

Its basically to add more if you run out, so say you have two fans, you could share one molex with two fans, by using one connection to connect to the power supply, and another to connect the other fan.

Ok now I have a new problem. I went to turn my computer on for the first time, When I started to load windows I get this error message
"Your system has detected a configuration error"

Does anyone know what this could mean? I am trying to figure out whats wrong. I have went through the BIOS to make sure everything was right but I'm not sure what else could be wrong. Thanks in advance to any help

EDIT:
Could it be because I dont have my Harddrive LED's, Reset Switch, and Power LED's hooked up? I dont have them hooked up because they are different sizes then what my motherboard manual says they should be.

Or could it be that I'm using a harddrive out of my old HP. I emailed them and they said it would work but when I went into the BIOS it said the Harddrive's capcity was like 136GB not 160 like it should be. So im thinking there might be some HP crap on there messing it up.

bump

EDIT: One more thing I think it might be. Do you think it could be my copy of windows (its not a very legal copy)?

tsk tsk tsk... me dear legal copies are the way to go! especially once you start downloading updates etc.. they wont work on "not very legal" copies!

but i doubt this problem is from your copy of windows unless the installation got stuffed up somehow!.... hmmm

yeah I doubt its my copy of windows. Im pretty sure its my hard drive. I will probably buy a new one and see if that works

EDIT: And please dont say stupid stuff like, "it could be your copy of windows..." I already said that could be a possibiltiy so whats the point in you saying it. Im looking more for a actual answer to my problem

BUMP

Does anybody know whats wrong? I really need to know. I am pretty upset right now because I have spent close to $1200 on this computer and I need it to work (plus right now I have to use a 5 year old compaq that takes like 5min just to load a webpage). I would like to know soon if its the hard drive. That way I can order one soon and have it here by this weekend

Back
Top Bottom