First build!!: MOBO Drivers

Yeah I just looked at the cards on newegg, you wont be needing seperate power for it. Just for the fututure, if it has a heatsink/fan on it and its pluged into the card, that doesnt mean it wont need power from the psu. Sometimes they need power from the psu because the card just cant get the much coming from the agp or pci-e slot.

Does anyone have a picture of an asus board with everything connected (like a side shot of the case) so I can get a general idea where all the connections go? Thanks.

kocheez75 said:
Could someone go into a little more detail about the cd drive connections (both to power supple and motherboard). Do I need to relay both of them, or is it possible to just wire them independantly. Thanks.
For the CD Drive, you have a molex connector ussually on the right side of it, and there should be several of those hooking off from the power supply wires.. their 4 pin connectors. :)

There is also going to be a 'IDE' cable, which has 40 pins on it so to speak, and it has holes (its a female cable), and its keyed so you won't be able to mess it up.

One end of the IDE will go into the motherboard (look at the motherboard manual), and the other end will go right into the CD Drive (you'll see where.. its a big block, you can't miss it).

Your stressing man, once you see the wires things will jus go bam bam and fit right in lol. Just relax man

Thanks for the help guys. I dont know if im "stressing", ive replaced all sorts of parts before, but being my first complete build from scratch, I want to make sure I get things right the first time. Im sure ill be on here tomorrow once I start building

I was reading the corsair walkthrough, and came across the jumpers for the optical drives. Do I have to do anything with these or does this not apply?

Just set the jumpers to how the cable is set up to them..
If your using the first section of the IDE cable to plug into the drive (MASTER), set the jumper to master.
If your using the second section of the IDE cable to plug into the drive (SLAVE), set the jumper to slave.

Don't set it to cable select.. it has problems from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom