Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 18
Default First Build, how do these parts look?

Here

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks
--DrShmoogle
__________________

DrShmoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
Solid State Member
 
MikuGunso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

Go for it! when you have enough money, go for crossfire! and good luck with your build :P
(.)(.)
(^_^)
C((")(") bunny says good luck too
__________________

MikuGunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 18
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikuGunso View Post
Go for it! when you have enough money, go for crossfire! and good luck with your build :P
(.)(.)
(^_^)
C((")(") bunny says good luck too
Hey, thanks a lot (And thanks again)
Is the Crossfire a processor? I'm not sure if I'd get it if it is, b/c I made sure all of my other hardware was compatible with the Intel processor :P
DrShmoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:43 AM   #4
Solid State Member
 
MikuGunso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

Crossfire is ATI type of double Graphic card, you should see 2x 2.1 Pci-e slots on your mother board, this allows you to have 2 graphic cards instead of 1, and the purpose is that 1 graphic card will run the negative frames and the other will run the positive, this makes the a graphic card carry a smaller burden in running both negative and positive. Once you have 2 you get much smoother quality, and very respectable frame rates! its usually what gaming computers would have depending on the game's graphics really, but don't worry its not a must have xD. Some or majority of the people prefer single I believe... nvm maybe just personal preference of the gaming community.

P.s to crossfire some mother boards or cards require a cable or a connection between the cards ( Search or look it up) The graphic card must also be the the exactly the same as one another .
MikuGunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 18
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikuGunso View Post
Crossfire is ATI type of double Graphic card, you should see 2x 2.1 Pci-e slots on your mother board, this allows you to have 2 graphic cards instead of 1, and the purpose is that 1 graphic card will run the negative frames and the other will run the positive, this makes the a graphic card carry a smaller burden in running both negative and positive. Once you have 2 you get much smoother quality, and very respectable frame rates! its usually what gaming computers would have depending on the game's graphics really, but don't worry its not a must have xD. Some or majority of the people prefer single I believe... nvm maybe just personal preference of the gaming community.

P.s to crossfire some mother boards or cards require a cable or a connection between the cards ( Search or look it up) The graphic card must also be the the exactly the same as one another .
Oooh, that sounds good.
Hm...It seems that my video card already does support Crossfire. I think I'll wait, though, until my one graphics card becomes insufficient.

There's something else I wanted to ask, but I don't want to start a whole new thread;
I'm using 8 gb of RAM, and I need to decide whether to use a 64 bit OS or a 32 bit OS... any suggestions?
DrShmoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
NeXuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,960
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

Wait change out the case, thats the old version of the Antec 900. Get the Antec 902 V3, its updated version dont get the old one! I have this one and its awesome, its going to have better cable management.
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case

PSU I highly recommend you the Corsair Pro series, they are modular and have a high quality finish.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX) 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

You need a 64-bit OS to use the 8GB RAM, 32-bit will limit you to about 3.1GB. Everything else looks good!
__________________
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Solid State Member
 
MikuGunso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

You most definitely get 32-bit (also known as 86-bit) Its more commonly and widely use. So go for the 32-bit!!!
MikuGunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
NeXuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,960
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikuGunso View Post
You most definitely get 32-bit (also known as 86-bit) Its more commonly and widely use. So go for the 32-bit!!!
Why would he get a 32-bit if hes getting 8GB of RAM? A 32-bit OS wont be able to use all 8GB. He needs 64-bit.
__________________
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
Solid State Member
 
MikuGunso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXuS View Post
Why would he get a 32-bit if hes getting 8GB of RAM? A 32-bit OS wont be able to use all 8GB. He needs 64-bit.
Oh sorry, I didn't know about this, so thanks alot
MikuGunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
Indigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,866
Default Re: First Build, how do these parts look?

In the consumer world, a 64 bit OS is required for the 8GB of RAM (or more) so NeXuS is correct.
__________________

Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0