First Build... Help!

Squshay

Solid State Member
I just want to start by introducing myself, because this is my first post in the forums. I came to these forums solely for the purpose of getting some professional advice as to what I should do regarding my computer. After I actually assemble the thing, I'll probably come back and help people out.

Now that that's out of the way, seeing as this is my first build, I have pretty much no knowledge on to what I should do. This computer is going to be used for gaming purposes, but not anything too hardcore.

These are the parts I have come up with so far.

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4800+
(65W) - ADO4800DDBOX - Box CPU - Socket AM2

Asus M2N-E SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA, Socket AM2, ATX, Audio, PCI Express, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0 & Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID

Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 2048MB PC4200 DDR2 Memory (2 x 1024MB)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB Hard Drive - 7200, 16MB, SATA-300, OEM

PowerUp AK-18 ATX Mid-Tower Case with Front USB, Audio Ports and Power Up 400-Watt Power Supply

EDIT: I already have Windows XP and everything, and I'm probably not going to upgrade to Vista.

Please give me some advice on to what I should do, or what other parts I should get, different brands, etc. So far, the cost is a little under 600 dollars, which is kind of my budget. I could go a little over if I have to though. Also, I have no knowledge on how to actually ASSEMBLE the computer, so if there is a tutorial for that, then I'd love a link. Thanks for reading.

First you should use vista for gaming (my opion)
Secondly Good build how much is that costing u?
thirdly welcome to CF.
:)

Ok, I guess I could get Vista from my friend or something. This build is roughly costing me about 545 dollars, not including CD and DVD drives, which I haven't looked into yet. And thanks for the welcome!

Except I don't live in Europe lol... But yeah I'm not too worried about the CD and DVD drives.

No, I meant that I'm not worried about looking for them. Drives seem like the easiest thing to find.

Back
Top Bottom