First build ever, please help!

flame2hand

Baseband Member
Hello, as you can see by my name and my thread title i am a noob to computers, but i have always been amazed about them. So i thought what the heck how about a build one and keep going from there, but idk how to tell if stuff will work together so i was wondering if you guys can help a person out. thanks for your time in advance. And if you have an recombination for what i should get or what would be a better choice it would be very appreciated. Also my budget is 500$ max. I want to be able to play games on high and able to maybe bitmine on the side. And my buddy said for a bitmine you need good graphics card so i thought 4gb is good to start with.

Here is what i have in my cart for now. (P.S i already have 8gb of ram giving to me.)

Motherborad:
Amazon.com: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard: Electronics

CPU:
Amazon.com: Intel Core i3-2120 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 3 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80623I32120: Electronics

Case:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004R7CEPQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&smid=A1729W3053T57N

Power supply:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055E80XU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A3SA3I47FHXAYS

Graphic's card:
Amazon.com: MSI GeForce GT 630 4GB GDDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card N630GT-MD4GD3: Computers & Accessories

Hard drive:
its out of a toshiba laptop and idk if it will work but its the best i have lol

Last edited:
If you want to play games on high, you're going to have to double your budget.

If you can stretch your budget by about $20, this will give you reasonable gaming performance.

Case:
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Hard Drive:
Newegg.com - Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR Hi-Fi A85W FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

PSU:
Newegg.com - Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

RAM:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz Socket FM2 Quad-Core Desktop Processor AD580KWOHJBOX

You might not be able to game on the highest settings but you will get smooth gaming on reasonably high settings at 1920x1080.

You can easily add a dedicated graphics card and run it in hybrid crossfire with the graphics on the APU.

It looks like Newegg is running a promotion in which you get a case with that particular power supply. I wouldn't use it though. I would sell it to a friend and recoup some money.

I would love to use new egg, but i live in Alaska so i have to pay 2day shipping and its outrageous. That's why i was using amazon for parts. thanks tho looks like a nice build. but what about graphic cards? and i have 8gb's of ram giving to me already.

But when you live here its a little impossable unless I have extra cash for shipping. 2day shipping isn't cheep.

I would love to use new egg, but i live in Alaska so i have to pay 2day shipping and its outrageous. That's why i was using amazon for parts. thanks tho looks like a nice build. but what about graphic cards? and i have 8gb's of ram giving to me already.

always go with newegg computers. they are cheap and run very fast.

Did u miss the part where he says he can't use newegg because of his location...:facepalm:

What kind of RAM is it? It's important that it's compatible with the MOBO.

I believe its ddr3. If that's what your asking. Lol. Like I said complete boob to computers.

There should be a sticker on the RAM that will have a part number. What is that part number?

Oh well that's going to be a few hrs I am a 17 highschool kid lol. And I wont be home for awhile.

Well with this build work 2gether? Because I didn't think it was bad. And mid settings is fine too. Just something that I can have lots of fun on and play skyrim and guild wars 2.

Back
Top Bottom