First Build - Any Advice?

Edsterr

In Runtime
This is the the build which I'm hoping to make soon, but just wanted to check this would all work and that I've not missed anything out:

Antec Three Hundred Midi Case

Be Quiet! CM BQT L8-730W PSU Pure Power

Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z68XP-UD3 Motherboard (Rev 1.0)

Samsung HD204UI F4 3.5 inch 2TB 32MB 5400rpm Internal Hard Disk Drive

Corsair LP Vengeance Memory 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Two Module Kit

Gelid Solutions Tranquillo Rev.2 Quiet CPU Cooler

LiteOn IHAS124-19B 24x Internal DVDRW Black Bulk SATA

Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit

Edimax EW-7612PIN 300Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n PCI-E Adapter with 3dBi High-Gain Detachable Antennas

It looks pretty good. My only concern would be the PSU, only because I've never heard of that particular brand. That doesn't mean it's bad, it just means I've never heard of it. I've had good experiences with Antec PSUs. Other brands that I've heard good things about are OCZ, Corsair, Thermaltake...
Are you planning on gaming with this rig? If so, you appear to have left out the video card.

I've seen that brand of PSU a few times, but IDK if it's any good. :| I would do as Cboucher said and go for a renowned (in a good way!) brand PSU.

I already have peripherals such as a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and so on, which I'll upgrade at a later date.

you should change that PSU of yours, you can get a very good brand (Antec, etc) and get less Watts then that, but still know that it's going to work fine :)

Yeah, I swapped the psu for a corsair 750w (I plan to upgrade in the future so I thought it would be best to get a good psu now) and I swapped the HDD for a seafarer barracuda green 2TB.
I was also wondering if the fan is good enough or if I should get something better.

Back
Top Bottom