Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-18-2015, 06:00 AM   #31
In Runtime
 
NikonGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Probably the USA?
Posts: 440
Default Re: First build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
Well i am done arguing. Not a fan of all the puke Nikon throws on Intel.

But before i unsubscribe.
Intel is not overpriced and they come with a superior architecture. It's simply facts. And you are ignorant if you don't get it.
That's not facts. Facts are you can look anywhere in the world that is NOT biased to either company and you'll find intel is ALWAYS over priced.
__________________

__________________
Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #32
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: First build

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonGuy View Post
That's not facts. Facts are you can look anywhere in the world that is NOT biased to either company and you'll find intel is ALWAYS over priced.
I think i misspoke here. What i meat by facts is that the architecture is superior. Tests shows that.
If you take an Intel CPU against an AMD CPU and you downclock and disable cores so they have same specs. (or as similar as possible)
After the benchmark you divide the score by the watt used. The winner of this test is the one with the best architecture design.
Intel's architecture is superior. That's the fact i was talking about.

The price is a matter of opinion. And my opinion is that i disagree with you.
But you are free to have your own opinion on that matter.

Now let's all settle down. I am sure pidevildog will be happy with his build.
__________________

__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #33
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: usa
Posts: 30
Default Re: First build

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonGuy View Post
GIGABYTE Motherboard GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX - Newegg.com

This is a good mobo, but you won't have much room to get faster ram if you ever want to get say 2666mhz. This will handle up to 32gbs DDr3 1866 just fine, but you always have to make sure you stay by 1866.

This is basically what I have: http://www.amazon.com/M5A99FX-PRO-R2...md+motherboard

And I love it. This is it: https://500px.com/photo/97692699/cus...m=user_library
Was looking at that motherboard (ga990fxa) on new egg and I'm confused about how many fan headers it has. I see that it has CPU and psu fan headers but what about headers for my four other fans? Also those fans have their own manual speed control switch. Will that interfere with the bios at all?
pidevildog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #34
Fully Optimized
 
joedaman633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England, Birmingham
Posts: 1,812
Default Re: First build

Some fans come with the plugs for the motherboard some come with "molex" plugs which are powered directly from the power supply. There are various adapters which allow each plug to go into another. The fans which have manual control should not be plugged into the motherboard. If the manual control is physical then the fan controller will be plugged into the power supply, and the fans wil plug into the fan controller.

The CPU fan should be plugged into the motherboard for safety/temperature reasons in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Athlon II x4 645 || 1TB 7200rpm HDD || EVGA GTX 650Ti OC || 8GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 7 Home x64

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #35
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: usa
Posts: 30
Default Re: First build

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaman633 View Post
Some fans come with the plugs for the motherboard some come with "molex" plugs which are powered directly from the power supply. There are various adapters which allow each plug to go into another. The fans which have manual control should not be plugged into the motherboard. If the manual control is physical then the fan controller will be plugged into the power supply, and the fans wil plug into the fan controller.

The CPU fan should be plugged into the motherboard for safety/temperature reasons in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
So I guess I need to shop for a psu with theses features or am I confused?
pidevildog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #36
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: First build

Almost every PSU on the market comes with a molex cable, but you should avoid using that. (specially if you have the option to remove the cable from the PSU, which all modular PSU's have)
It just creates more of a cable mess. and cable mess reduce air flow.
All you fans should be connected to ether 3 or 4 pin on the motherboard or a fan controller.
I see your motherboard have 3 3pin inputs. It's should be good enough. Are you planing on having more case fans than 3?

btw. Some cases comes with inbuilt fan hubs/controllers.
If yours don't, it can be bought fairly cheap. But just buy quality fans and 3 should be enough.
__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #37
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: usa
Posts: 30
Default Re: First build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
Almost every PSU on the market comes with a molex cable, but you should avoid using that. (specially if you have the option to remove the cable from the PSU, which all modular PSU's have)
It just creates more of a cable mess. and cable mess reduce air flow.
All you fans should be connected to ether 3 or 4 pin on the motherboard or a fan controller.
I see your motherboard have 3 3pin inputs. It's should be good enough. Are you planing on having more case fans than 3?

btw. Some cases comes with inbuilt fan hubs/controllers.
If yours don't, it can be bought fairly cheap. But just buy quality fans and 3 should be enough.
It has 4 case fans. 1x 200mm on top, and 3x 120mm (2 in front, 1 in the rear) and they All have manual 3 speed switches and 3 pin plugs. I'll get some pictures later.
pidevildog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #38
In Runtime
 
NikonGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Probably the USA?
Posts: 440
Default Re: First build

The Gigabyte has:

1 x CPU fan header
2 x system fan headers
1 x power fan header

You'll need one or two 3pin (if not mistaken) splitters. Depends on how many fans you hook up.
__________________
Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #39
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: usa
Posts: 30
Default Re: First build

Uggghhhhh r9290 or 970 gtx 4gb 512 ddr5?
pidevildog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #40
In Runtime
 
jarlmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 473
Default Re: First build

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidevildog07 View Post
Uggghhhhh r9290 or 970 gtx 4gb 512 ddr5?
970. I have one and this card is insane. Quiet, cool, OC's like a champ, and has great performance across the board. Definitely the card to get.
__________________

jarlmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0