first build

i see your point. but it's actually not 10-20$ more expensive. it's more like 5$ according to the shop i use.
you can buy even cheaper RAM with 1333mhz and 1066mhz but then Latency goes up and less quality heat pipes (or no heat pipes at all).

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

If i'm not mistaken, the memory controller on that chip runs natively at 1600MHz.

yes. you would be right.

Welcome to the ComputerForums

:) Hey all... I am a first time builder and I want to know if this will be a good pc

•Intel Core i5 3570K
•Asus P8Z77 V LX
•4GB DDR3-1333
•500GB 7200RPM HDD
•YAMA 918 case + 550W PSU
•Microsoft home premium 64-bit

But it would be nice to save some money on a cheaper MB so any suggestions would be nice.
Good choices so far, except I'd get the DDR3 1600 memory. Couple questions: Do you plan on getting a separate video card? If so, you might need a higher wattage PSU depending on your choice. How do you plan to backup your HDD?

Rules for HDDs and especially SSDs:
1. Backup
2. Backup
3. Backup dammit!

If i'm not mistaken, the memory controller on that chip runs natively at 1600MHz.

I believe you are correct. The internal controller in the series run at 1600Mhz per the Intel white papers I've seen. Also the controller itself is rather robust, and can handle 1866MHz, and 2100 as well.

:) Hey all... I am a first time builder and I want to know if this will be a good pc

•Intel Core i5 3570K
•Asus P8Z77 V LX
•4GB DDR3-1333
•500GB 7200RPM HDD
•YAMA 918 case + 550W PSU
•Microsoft home premium 64-bit

But it would be nice to save some money on a cheaper MB so any suggestions would be nice.

Why wouldnt this be good (some said)

Any suggestions???

Why wouldnt this be good (some said)

Any suggestions???
Nothing wrong with those choices; however, please answer my previous questions:

<<Couple questions: Do you plan on getting a separate video card? If so, you might need a higher wattage PSU depending on your choice. How do you plan to backup your HDD?

Rules for HDDs and especially SSDs:
1. Backup
2. Backup
3. Backup dammit! >>

Back
Top Bottom